“I always feel, even at the top, that it can all be taken away, that the trick is to keep managing what you got. I’ve seen a lot of people in life lose what they have because of their shortcomings — drugs, drinking, women, money. Fear of failure and shame have always been motivators for me.”
13) Something people don’t know about LeBron?
“LeBron, in my career, shares more than anyone I know. Not just basketball. Off court, too. He shares his sponsorships. He’s a great gift-giver.”
14) Three things that people don’t know about some other Heat teammates?
“Dwyane doesn’t eat any vegetables, no greens, no salad, no nothing. Chris Andersen, it is all one tattoo, believe it or not. Mario Chalmers and I grew up together. I’ve known him since he was a little kid. Our fathers served in the military together.”
15) Toughest teammate you’ve ever had?
16) Most confident?
18) Best leader?
19) How often do you get residuals for your acting opposite Denzel Washington in He Got Game?
“It is totally random. Sometimes, it is no money. Sometimes, it is a check for 18 cents. Sometimes, it is $200. It doesn’t amount to much, and it is so random. Always interesting to learn that last month someone showed it in Asia.”
20) You love golf. If I gave you the option of having the same career in golf or basketball, which would you choose?
“It is close, but I’ve got to go with basketball because of the adrenaline. Golf competition doesn’t get the blood going the same way. There is something about basketball, the pressure, the challenge you are putting on your body and mind. Golf taxes you mentally, but doesn’t require the condition and shape to push your body’s limits. I call it living in rare air.”