Observations of a visitor to South Florida:
1.Why have cars with signal lights when few drivers ever use them?
2.Why do so many drivers who do use their signal lights do so after the fact, as if to say, “Look what I did”?
3. Why do bicyclists ignore red lights? Why are they allowed to do so?
4. Why are drivers allowed to use phones while driving? They are not paying attention and are driving with one hand.
Re the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk:
1. Why do walkers not walk on the correct side — the right side?
2. When large groups of walkers stop to talk, why do they not move to one side, instead of blocking the walking area?
3. Why do smokers not use the cigarette-butt disposal units provided?
4. Why don’t bike riders warn walkers, a bell ring or a word, when they are passing very close to them?
This area needs information signs to educate those who have no consideration of others.
Zel Bocknek, Hallandale Beach