• Nova Southeastern University and the Marine Industries Association of Florida have revived the Fort Lauderdale Billfish Tournament, which will be held Thursday through Saturday. A captain’s meeting will be Thursday at 6 p.m. at Nova Southeastern University Oceanographic Center, 8000 N. Ocean Dr., Dania Beach. Weigh-in ceremonies will be Saturday at Pier 66, 2301 SE 17th St. Causeway, Fort Lauderdale. Entry fees are $1,000 per boat with up to six anglers; $500 for NSU alumni. For more information, call 954-262-2105 or go to nova.edu/fishingtournament.
• Saltwater Sportsman magazine editor seminarseries.com
• Everglades National Park will host a Vintage Day celebration Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Re-enactors will present The Battle to Preserve Paradise. There will also be tours and an ice cream social. Fees are waived at the Homestead entrance. Call 305-242-7700.
• Castle Harbor Sailing School hosts weekly race clinics Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to
1:30 p.m. at Matheson Hammock Park in Coral Gables. Fee is $50 per person; $40 for first-timers, which includes a barbecue. Call 305-665-4994.
• Diveheart will conduct certification courses for dive buddies and instructors of handicapped divers beginning Tuesday and ending Tuesday. in Pompano Beach. Fees are $395 for instructor training, $250 for buddy training. For more information, go to diveheart.org or call Willie at 561-307-8583.
• The Broward Sierra Club will meet 7:30 p.m. March 7 at Fern Forest Nature Center, 201 Lyons Rd., South, Coconut Creek. Guest speaker is Richard Whitecloud, founding director of Sea Turtle Oversight Protection. Call 954-720-4639 or email email@example.com.
• Captain Bouncer Smith will conduct a seminar on Live Bait Catching for sails, mahi, tuna and more on March 7 from
6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Dusky Sport Center, 110 N. Bryan Rd., Dania Beach. Admission is $15, redeemable for store merchandise. Visit dusky.com.
• The Arthur Marshall Foundation will host a weekend of wine, food, camping and paddling March 9-10 out of the Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge in Palm Beach County. Visit www.artmarshall.org or call 561-233-9004.
• The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will hold an open house March 12 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, 200 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach to discuss black bass regulations. Call 561-625-5122.