• Region 4-6A quarterfinal — Archbishop McCarthy 44, Northwestern 35: Although they played without any seniors, the Mavericks managed to pull ahead and win in the final minutes.
Freshman Hailey Duren scored a team-high 18 points and added nine steals and nine blocks. Archbishop McCarthy improved to 16-9.
AM: Middleton 13, Periu 4, Amortegui 6, Duren 18, Kouri 3. NW: Noble 7, Allen 3, Dawkins 3, Huel 2, Gunn 5, Stalworth 15. Halftime: 21-17 AM. Three-pointers: Middleton 2, Noble. Rebounds: Duren 13. Assists: Middleton 2. Steals: Duren 9. Blocks: Duren 9.
• Region 4-4A quarterfinal — Coral Springs Charter 58, Miami Jackson 17: Miami Jackson’s girls traveled to Broward County to play Coral Springs Charter in a Region 4-4A quarterfinal game.
The Generals could not keep up with the host Panthers and lost by 41.
Coral Springs Charter was led by Morgan Smellie with a game-high 14 points on four three-pointers to go along with four rebounds and four assists.
KAMAAL J DESOUZA
CSC: Smellie 14, Hall 11, Wojcik 8, Wyatt 7, Williams 6, Smith 5, K. Williams 3, J. Williams 2, Vardy 2. MJ: Johnson 4, Hill 3, Pascal 3, Keaton 2, De La Rosa 2, Holt 2, Bellot 1. Three-pointers: Smellie 4, Hall 2, Williams, Pascal, Hill. Rebounds: Smellie 4, Holt 4. Assists: Smellie 4
• Region 3-8A quarterfinal — Flanagan 63, Deerfield Beach 43: The Flanagan Falcons defeated the Deerfield Beach Bucks in a highly contested regional game. The Falcons pulled away in the second half after a first-half score of 27-25, when Deerfield Beach forward Brinisha Powell scored at will.
Powell was the only threat to the Flanagan team as she scored 20 points, including 6 for 6 at the free-throw line.
• Region 3-8A quarterfinal — Miramar 48, Douglas 40: Miramar’s bus broke down on the way to Douglas on Thursday night on the way to its Region 3-8A quarterfinal game. But it did not break them as the Patriots held off the Eagles.
Davicia Lee hit four consecutive free throws in the final two minutes, helping turn a three-point lead into a nine-point lead.
At the same time, Douglas’ Kristin Rampersad missed the front end of a pair of one-and-one’s.
Miramar will play the Flanagan-Deerfield Beach winner Tuesday.
MIR (20-5): Daniel 9, Lee 12, Jinks 10, Bridges 15, Vassell 2. DOU (20-5): Feig 5, Mogent 7, Arinus 4, Cooper 17, Enos 6, Rampersad 1. Halftime: DOU 24-22. Three-pointers: Enos 2, Mogent, Daniel, Bridges 3. Rebounds: Jinks 11. Assists: Jinks 3. Steals: Bridges 4. Blocks: Jinks 6.
• Region 4-5A quarterfinal — Dillard 65, Riviera Beach Suncoast 23: From the opening tip, Dillard dictated the tempo of the game against Riviera Beach Suncoast as the host Panthers defeated the Chargers in the Region 4-5A quarterfinal in Fort Lauderdale.
Kayla Wright led Dillard (24-2) with 16 points.
Dillard, the three-time defending state champs in 5A, will host district rival American Heritage in the regional semifinal Tuesday.
DIL (24-2): Wright 16, Clayton 12, Myers 11, Anderson 6, Green 5, Lee 5. RBS: (14-12): Akbar 7, Hawkins 6, Merritt 4, Winn 3, Regenbaum 2. Halftime: DIL 35-15. Rebounds: Clayton 10. Three-pointers: Myers, Lee, Wilks, Akbar, Winn.