Onstage this week
• Miami Dade College’s MDC Live Arts presents the Austin-based Rude Mechanicals at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Colony Theatre, 1040 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach, in The Method Gun, about performers trying to put on a radically revised Streetcar Named Desire. Tickets are $25, $10 for MDC students; 305-237-3010, mdclivearts.org.
• Los Angeles’ experimental Actors’ Gang, which has Tim Robbins as its artistic director, brings its production of Moliére’s Tartuffe to the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, 10950 SW 211th St., Cutler Bay, at 8 p.m. Friday and 3 and 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $10-$25; 786-573-5300, smdcac.org. Theatergoers ages 13 to 22 can get $5 tickets at cultureshockmiami.com.
• Sister Robert Anne’s Cabaret Class, a one-woman show by playwright Dan Goggin ( Nunsense), plays the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center, 3385 NE 188th St., Aventura, at 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and 2 p.m. Saturday-Feb. 10. Christine Mild stars as a nun who shares stories as she teaches the audience how to put together a cabaret act. Tickets are $36.50; 877-311-7469, aventuracenter.org.
• Florida Youth Orchestra performs a free “Silver Anniversary” concert at 2 p.m. Sunday at Aventura Mall, 19501 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura; floridayouthorchestra.org.
Singer Elisabeth von Trapp, granddaughter of Maria and Baron von Trapp of The Sound of Music fame, presents a program of sacred and secular music at 7 p.m. Wednesday at St. Christopher’s by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 95 Harbor Dr., Key Biscayne. Suggested donation is $15; stchriskb.org.
• Friends of Chamber Music of Miami presents pianist Cyprien Katsaris in a solo recital featuring his adaptation of Beethoven’s “Emperor” Concerto at 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Gusman Concert Hall, 1314 Miller Dr., Coral Gables. Tickets are $35, $10 for students; 305-372-2975, miamichambermusic.org.
• Trumpeter Charles Lazarus performs with the Stamps Brass Quintet and Frost Faculty Brass Quintet at 8 p.m. Thursday at the Gusman Concert Hall, 1314 Miller Dr., Coral Gables. Tickets are free, but reservations are suggested; 305-284-4940.
• Orchestra Miami presents soprano Elaine Alvarez in recital at 8 p.m. Friday at Pinecrest Gardens, 11000 SW 57th Ave., Pinecrest. Tickets are $25-$25, $20 for seniors, $5 for students; 800-838-3006, orchestramiami.org.
• The Miami Bach Society presents the Prague Baroque Trio at 8 p.m. Saturday at St. Philip’s Episcopal Church, 1142 Andalusia Ave., Coral Gables. Admission is $20-$25 ($25-$30 at the door), $5 for college students, free for those 18 and younger; 305-669-1376, miamibachsociety.org.
The Broward Center for the Performing Arts has announced it will provide open-captioned and audio-described services for the hearing- and vision-impaired at the remaining performances of the Florida Grand Opera’s 2012-13 season. In addition, a limited number of librettos will be available in Braille; browardcenter.org.
Compiled by Miami Herald staff. Send news about theater to cdolen@MiamiHerald.com; dance, pop and Latin music to jlevin@MiamiHerald.com; visual arts to jwooldridge@MiamiHerald.com and classical music and jazz to kmartin@MiamiHerald.com. Add events to our calendar at MiamiHerald.com/events.