In a new interview with Chris Yandek of CYInterview.com, wrestling manager Paul Bearer/Percy Pringle discusses candidly what’s happening in his life and provides insight on several wrestling topics.
• Percy says he's still under a WWE Legend's contract and keeps his pulse on everything occurring in the business.
“People who don’t know, that don’t see me, I am still involved. I’m still under contract with WWE. I’m under a legends contract with WWE and I do things now and then with them like WrestleMania and go do signings, this, that and the other. Plus, I work the independent organizations all around the country. I go out to L.A. once a month and do Championship Wrestling from Hollywood. We tape four weeks of TV once a month there and some months I’m busy every weekend doing wrestling stuff.”
• When discussing the state of wrestling managers in the business, he says he keeps in touch with WWE's Ricardo Rodriguez, offering tips.
“I think a hell of a lot of Ricardo Rodriguez who manages Alberto Del Rio. He has become a very good friend of mine, and I give him tips all the time and not that he needs them. And when I see things that I like, I let him know that I liked it, and he’s very respectful and knows the history of our business. He deserves to be where he’s at and other than Ricardo Rodriguez, there really isn’t any managers. You know WWE doesn’t have any managers. … Bobby Heenan and Lou Albano and I could just go on and on and on -- all the old school managers. Now there are none.”
• Giving his thoughts on Mick Foley, who he managed, being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2013, he shares a story that includes The Undertaker, who he also managed.
“I love him dearly. I had so much fun managing him when he was Mankind ‘cause we were going against The Undertaker. … We just had so much fun because he wore that mask. That covered half of his long hair and that mask and all that, and we were just like kids out there all the time. I was the only one who could ever make The Undertaker laugh. He could be laughing, and nobody ever knew it and the same with Mick Foley.”
• He says he knows his day will come when Paul Bearer gets inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.
“I know that I will [be in the WWE Hall of Fame]. So that’s all I need to know. Whether it’s next year or whether it’s five years from now, I know the time’s coming.”
• You can listen to the entire interview with Paul Bearer or read more highlights at the link: