The Miami Springs Lions Club sponsors many local projects, from eye screening, scholarships, to testing for glaucoma and diabetes, to hearing testing and aids, to guide dogs for the visually impaired and blind, to hearing dogs for those with hearing imparities, and the list goes on and on as long as there is a need.
We are all better off because “they serve.” How about you? There’s always room for more Lions. If you are interested in learning more about this very active service club, contact Laynee Riedinger at 305-887-1191.
A roar of applause
for Lion Chuck!
• Elaine (Laynee) Riedinger, PDG 35-A: “Lion Chuck has served in every office of our club and helped build the first cabin at the Florida Lions Camp for the Visually Handicapped in Lake Wales, Fla. All of his accomplishments are truly an inspiration for all Lions to follow. It is wonderful to have Lion Chuck achieve his 55-year Chevron.”
• Dennis Doyle: Chuck has been a member of the group way longer than I’ve been involved. We’re glad that he’s here and hope he sticks around for 55 more years.”
• Bob Jones: “Chuck has been one of our most outstanding members I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. If you ever come to the clubhouse you’ll see all those pictures on the wall; that was his major project when he was president. That is the holy land. We don’t dare move that. What a guy!”
• Jim Saren: “To be 55 years as a Lion member is amazing. To live that long and be married that long is incredible.”
• District 35-N Governor Juan Tejera: “This man has devoted 55 years, which is a lifetime, to the service of needy people in the communities through Lionism. We’re so proud of him because of the example he gave us. He led this club to continue in his footsteps. Chuck, thank you. Thank you so much.”