• Impact player: Reggie Bush came into the day 105 yards shy of his second 1,000-yard season. He picked up some of what he needed on Miami’s initial two possessions — although his 17-yard touchdown reception was more meaningful than his 27 rushing yards.
• Highlights: The Dolphins have been one of the worst teams in the league in takeaways, so Reshad Jones picking up Steve Johnson’s fumble was cause for celebration. Miami scored on the ensuing drive.
• Lowlights: Nate Kaeding’s first field-goal attempt with the Dolphins — he was signed to replace the injured Dan Carpenter — didn’t go as he had hoped as Alex Carrington blocked the 46-yard attempt. It was Carrington’s fourth blocked kick this season.
• Impact player: C.J. Spiller had a field day against Miami in the previous meeting last month, but the Dolphins held him in check in the opening quarter. That changed in the second when Spiller hit the hole on a second down from the 15 and sprinted 62 yards — a career-long — to the 23.
• Highlights: Ryan Tannehill had another strong touchdown drive as he threw a 30-yard strike to Rishard Matthews then picked up 31 yards on a run to the 2. Bush then charged in from the 1 to make it 14-3.
• Lowlights: Miami might have been able to hold the Bills off the board in the second if it weren’t for Spiller’s long run. Buffalo appeared to score a touchdown on the next play but Ryan Fitzpatrick’s pass to Johnson was incomplete.
• Impact player: Miami moved the ball on the ground with Lamar Miller picking up 28 yards on the Dolphins’ first offensive play of the half and Bush running for 27 more. Kaeding finally got his first field goal as a member of the Dolphins on a 45-yarder with 4:17 left.
• Highlights: The Dolphins recovered two more fumbles in the third and picked up 10 points as a result. The first came when Dorin Dickerson fumbled after a catch and Chris Clemons recovered. Fitzpatrick later coughed up the ball with Jones landing on it.
• Lowlights: Marlon Moore had his second drop of the game in the third as he couldn’t handle a pass from Tannehill at the 17. Moore also dropped a pass on Miami’s first drive.
• Impact player: Reshad Jones is having a Pro Bowl-caliber season but Sunday was his finest day of the year. Jones had two fumble recoveries before picking off Fitzpatrick at the 4 on Buffalo’s final drive.
• Highlights: The Dolphins didn’t do much in the fourth quarter because they didn’t have to. Sure, the Bills drove in for a touchdown but they never got closer than that as Miami stopped Buffalo at the 1 when Jones got the pick with 1:14 left.
• Lowlights: The Dolphins secondary did a pretty good job of holding the Bills in check Sunday until the fourth. On Buffalo’s touchdown drive, Fitzpatrick targeted Bryan McCann on consecutive throws — and one for 41 yards to T.J. Graham and another to Johnson for 11.