In the portable electronic world, stocking stuffers are easy to find. Here are some for those last-minute holiday gifts on everyone’s list.
• WATER-POWERED CLOCK: Aside from telling time, the eco-friendly Bedol Water Clock is a portable alarm that is also waterproof in the event you feel like standing in a rain storm or showering with it.
It’s battery-free so all you do to keep the clock running indefinitely is just fill it with water.
A natural chemical reaction between two of its internal metallic plates generates enough power to keep it running indefinitely.
Details: www.bedolwhatsnext.com $17
• CHAT OR SCROLL: Logitech’s Apple-friendly Broadcaster Wi-Fi webcam is great for online chatting and its wireless functionality makes it a great companion as a second angled video camera beyond what your computer, iPhone or iPad’s camera will do.
The camera has an internal battery, which is charged via USB for 2 hours of life and has a built-in mono microphone along with a port to add an external mic.
Video is captured in HD 720p and can be moved to any angle since it’s wireless.
Logitech has designed the camera to let users press a button to switch to the camera, giving your chatting partner a different angle.
The Broadcaster ($199.99) works with Mac video applications including QuickTime, Photo Booth, iMovie, Final Cut Pro or chatting with FaceTime, iChat or Skype.
• Logitech also has a few cool high tech-looking Windows 8 friendly mice with the t400 and t620.
The Logitech Zone Touch Mouse t400 ($39) has the functionality of a traditional mouse along with a touch strip to support horizontal and vertical scrolling.
Just click on the top of the touch zone for instant access the Windows 8 Start Screen and clicking on the bottom of the touch zone will scroll you through all your open applications.
The Touch Mouse t620 ($49) features a full touch surface letting you scroll horizontally and vertically from anywhere on the mouse, and to access the Windows 8 start screen you just swipe the edges of the mouse.
• EARBUDS WITH A MIC: iFrogz EarPollution Plugz with Mic noise isolating earbuds are as simple as they get and work just fine.
You get three sizes of ear pieces to get the right fit along with an in-line microphone for cellphone use and most any portable electronic device.
The sound is decent and it makes a great hands-free choice.
Details: www.iFrogz.com $9.99 — in a big selection of colors.
• TRAVEL POWER: Bracketron’s Universal USB Travel Power Kit ($26) includes an Apple 30-pin and Micro USB connections 3-foot cable for charging just about any device on the go.
The cable can be connected to a computer or the included USB AC adapter for 2.1 Amp charging, which includes power hungry tablets.
A 12V car charging USB adapter is also included.
Bracketron’s MetalDock ($18.91) is a contemporary-looking charging dock for the iPhone 4/4S, built with heavy-duty metal construction resulting in a lightweight and portable design.
It connects to any USB port for charging/syncing with its embedded 3-foot cable and works in landscape or portrait modes.
A company representative has emailed me that Dec. 12-17 everything on the Bracketron site is 40 percent off.