• Blo: Scissors are verboten here. Dye, ditto. No cuts and no color, either. At Blo, it’s all about a good wash and blow dry. Hair Cadets (AKA clients) can choose from the menu’s seven styles — there’s the razor-straight “Executive Sweet” to the edgier “Sex, Hugs and Rock & Roll.” The cost is $35 for all hair types and lengths. Just wash, blo and go. 3301 NE 1st Ave., Suite 102, Midtown; 786-373-5256.
• NailBar: While wacky nail art enjoys its fashion moment, try this trend or score a regular mani/pedi at this futuristic nail bar. The vibe here is Saint-Tropez-meets-Silicon-Valley compliments of a chic yet high-tech ambience. 3301 NE 1st Ave., Suite 106, Midtown; 305-509-2157.
Locals tout Wynwood as “The Art District” and reasonably so. Located on the fringes of the Design District and Midtown, it’s home to over 70 galleries and is peppered with hip shops.
• Del Toro Shoes: Locals and A-listers alike adore Del Toro’s slippers, oxfords, espadrilles and wingtips. The much-loved line is opening its first-ever store just in time for this year’s Art Basel. Slip on a pair to see what all the buzz is about. 2750 NW 3rd Avenue, Wynwood.
• GAB Studio’s Ground Up Collective: Located within this photography and art studio, locals adore eco-chic Ground Up Collective boutique. A collaborative platform for Miami-based organizations, artists, musicians and designers the store is brimming with green and anomalous finds. 105 NW 23 Street, Wynwood; 305-200-5349.
• Las Tias:Does your pad need some sprucing up? Think of Las Tias (Spanish for “the aunts”) as the locals’ go-to upscale consignment shop. Las Tias is teeming with tables, seating, lighting, home décor and even apparel and jewelry. 2834 N. Miami Ave., 305-573-4198
• Plant The Future: Ditch the dozen of roses. In fact, skip the generic flower idea altogether and score points with a Plant the Future living arrangement of succulents, cacti, air plants, orchids, bromeliads and even butterfly cocoons. 2511 NW 2nd Avenue, Wynwood; 305-571-7177.
• Junior & Hatter: This quirky salon specializes in both men and women’s hair and offers the experience and services of an upscale, high-end salon in an artistically cultivated setting. 2750 NW 3rd Ave., Wynwood; 305-571-8361.
Maria Tettamanti writes for Miami.com.