• McArthur 30, Hollywood Hills 28: The Mustangs (5-5) overcame a 28-7 second quarter deficit to defeat Hollywood Hills at Nova High School.
The Mustangs defense coupled with the efficient offense, directed by freshman Kato Nelson, led to McArthur’s 23-0 run which began in the second quarter.
• Cypress Bay 31 Boyd Anderson 15: Cypress Bay’s Matt Dayes rushed 15 times for 173 yards and scored two touchdowns, and Jaranta Lewis accounted for a pair of scores as the Lightning blew past host Boyd Anderson.
The Lightning will host Deerfield Beach in the Region 3-8A quarterfinals. Boyd Anderson will travel to Delray Beach Atlantic in the Region 4-7A quarterfinals. The loss ended the Cobras’ five-game winning streak. Cypress Bay (8-2) finished the regular season winning four straight.
• West Broward 20, Piper 19: The Bobcats defeated the Bengals in front of a crowd of 200 fans. After a slow first quarter, receiver Arrick Young turned on the jets as he was able to haul in a late 31-yard touchdown to finish the first half. West Broward battled back behind quarter back Derrick Victory, to lead the Bobcats to a overtime victory.
• Douglas 43, Coral Glades 20: Cory Lustig rushed for 49 yards and three scores as host Douglas (3-7) defeated Coral Glades in Parkland.
With 1:26 remaining in the first quarter, Coral Glades (1-9) quarterback Michael Dellelo took a hit to the head from a Douglas defender.
According to Coral Glades Coach Jeff Mathis, Dellelo lost consciousness, but he was OK. Dellelo had movement in all of his extremities and was taken to a local hospital.
After the delay, Douglas took a 16-8 lead into halftime. After the Jaguars cut the deficit to 16-14 early in the third quarter, the Eagles scored 21 consecutive points to put the game out of reach.
• Monarch 36 Coral Spring 21: With the victory, the Monarch clinched their best regular season in school history. The team was led by Pasquel Burgess-Becker, who had 152 rushing yards and 119 passing yards in the first half.
• American Heritage 37, Naples Golden Gate 8: Sony Michel ran for 102 yards on 15 carries and scored three touchdowns to lead the Patriots (9-1) in their regular-season finale. Torrance Gibson threw a 31-yard touchdown pass to Khari Herbert. Justin Chang led the defense with 10 tackles.