• Westminster Christian 41, North Broward Prep 6: While the Westminster Christian football team won’t be participating in postseason play this season, it proved that it has the potential to be a force in 2013.
The Warriors (6-4, 1-2), who will be returning all their key offensive playmakers next season, laid a beat-down on playoff-bound North Broward Prep.
Quarterback Hunter Boyett, who played in his second game since returning from a shoulder injury suffered against district foe Chaminade, tossed three touchdowns and completed 12 of his 16 passes for 149 yards.
Tim Irvin caught one of those touchdowns as part of his 33 receiving yards, ran for 98 yards off nine carries and returned a punt 55 yards for a touchdown.
The halftime score was 14-0, but Tobias Moss hauled in a 53-yard bomb over the middle from Boyett within the first two minutes of the second half that broke the game open in a third quarter that saw Westminster Christian score 27 points. Moss later returned an interception 45 yards for a touchdown in the same quarter.
North Broward Prep (4-5,1-1) is in the Class 4A playoffs as the runner-up in District 7-4A. The Eagles will face District 8-4A champion Booker T. Washington in regional semifinals.
• Coral Shores 17, La Salle 7: The Hurricanes (6-4) ran in two first quarter touchdowns to build an early lead and eventually top the Royal Lions (6-4) at La Salle.
The game, which was the season finale for both teams, was the consolation matchup of the Southeastern Football Independents Conference Playoffs.
Coral Shores’ touchdowns came on a 7-yard run by Jimmy Rhyne and a 14-yard run by Kodi Roberts. La Salle’s only score of the game came on a 1-yard run by Emmanual Readon. The score was set-up by Readon, who had a 34-yard run on the previous play.
Down 14-7 late in the fourth quarter La Salle took over deep in its own territory, but went three and out.
St. Thomas Aquinas 4, Nova 0: Sara Perlman goal, assist. Jessica Hoyt goal, 2 assist. Sara Fayerweathere goal. Emmelina Bales goal. Megan Pivacco 1 assist. Brittany Macaluso third shutout. STA 3-0.
• North Broward 3, Saint Andrews 2: Christine Creighton 2 goals. Nikki Giordano Goal. Cayla Creighton and Emma Dineen had 1 assist each. NBP 3-1-1.
• Gibbons 8, Pace 0: Mackenzie Crittenberger 3 goals. Francesca DeNicola 1 goal, 1 assist. Tricia Solenski, Valencia Vigarino combined for shutout. CG 1-0-2.
• Westminster Christian 1, Miami Country Day 0: Rebecca Barrios assist. Andrea Xiques shutout. Kelly Rico goal. WC 2-0.
• Mater Academy 1, Miami Springs 0: Sydney Johnson goal. Julisa Benitez assist. Julia Sanchez shutout. MA 6-0.
• South Dade 6, Killian 2: For SD: Jade Hayes 3 goals, 2 assists. McKenzie VanHeusen 2 goals, assist. Bania Duran goal. For KIL: Stephanie Galindo 2 goals. Rachel Kramer assist. SD 4-0-1. KIL 3-2.
• Lourdes 8, South Miami 0: Ana Organvidez goal. Carly Cuadra goal. Ali Verdeja goal. LOU 4-0.
• Goleman 2, American 0: Lucia Cuervo 2 goals. Kaley Huguet assist. Annmarie Rodriguez shutout. GOL 1-4.
• Monarch 1, Cypress Bay 1: Nicolas Guevara (CB) goal. Eddie Almeida (MON) goal. Gabe Menescal (MON) goal. MON 2-0-1, CB 1-0-1.