• Everglades 35, West Broward 17: Homecoming could not have been on a better day for the Gators, as they defeated the Bobcats. After a slow start to the game, the Gators and wide receiver Andre Hallmon were able to score 21 points in the second quarter to lead to a rout of the Bobcats.
Hallmon scored three touchdowns and also had an interception to close the first half. Gator quarterback Jordan Cartwright threw for 153 yards on seven attempts and three touchdowns.
• Stranahan 26, Fort Lauderdale 19: The Dragons (3-7, 2-2) held on late to defeat the Flying L’s (4-5, 2-2) at Sandra Darr Athletic Field. Thanks to the Stranahan win, Hollywood Hills wins district 15-6A and Archbishop McCarthy is the runner-up.
Stranahan entered the fourth quarter ahead 26-7, but a pair of touchdown runs by Fort Lauderdale running back Kenja James put the Flying L’s back in the game. Down 26-19 with 1:29 to play, Fort Lauderdale was faced with a fourth-and-long at the Dragons’ 22-yard-line.
• Douglas 35 Piper 6: Trailing 6-0 at halftime, Douglas scored 35 unanswered points on homecoming night for the Eagles.
Brett Israel scored four touchdowns, one rushing and three passing.
Kamaal J DeSouza
• Blanche Ely 54, Coral Glades 6: The Tigers (5-5) thoroughly dominated the Jaguars (1-8). With 6:55 remaining in the first quarter, the Tigers were already up 21-0.
• Plantation 35, Nova 16: Plantation (7-2) bolstered its playoff push with the win against Nova (4-5).
“I’ve been on varsity since the 10th grade, and I don’t even know what it feels like to practice on Thanksgiving,” said Colonels running back Jovante Ham, who ran for 160 yards and three touchdowns. “This year we’ve got the pieces where we could make it happen.”
• Boyd Anderson 60 Coconut Creek 14: Cobras quarterback Gregory Hankerson went 10 for 11 for 163 yards and three touchdowns in the first half to lead Boyd Anderson (7-1) past the Cougars (1-8).