• Impact player: Dolphins safety Jimmy Wilson sacked Mark Sanchez on a blitz to kill a drive, then blocked a punt that Olivier Vernon recovered for a touchdown and a 10-0 lead.
• Highlights: Dan Carpenter followed up his 33-yard field goal with a perfect onside kick that Jason Trusnik recovered. Cornerback Nolan Carroll blitzed Sanchez, forcing a fumble that Paul Soliai recovered at the Jets’ 32. Reggie Bush took the ball from the Dolphins 33 to the Jets 33 with a 19-yard run and goaded Antonio Cromartie into a 15-yard penalty.
• Lowlights: New York’s Calvin Pace raced in unblocked, blasted Ryan Tannehill for a sack and game-ending injury. That also ended a three-and-out after the stunning onside kick recovery earlier in the quarter.
• Impact player: Because we can’t choose the defense en masse, Dolphins backup quarterback Matt Moore. Moore kept the train rolling without a turnover in the second quarter as the Dolphins took the Jets out of the game.
• Highlights: Running back Daniel Thomas ran for a 3-yard touchdown on a third-down draw play. The defense produced three three-and-outs. Carpenter hit a 39-yard field goal after Marlon Moore’s diving 38-yard catch. Vernon blocked a Jets field goal.
• Lowlights: A quick whistle ended a third-down play as Davone Bess broke away from Cromartie’s attempted tackle with room up the sideline. The Dolphins’ defense allowed the Jets to move into field-goal range on their last possession (now, we’re reaching).
• Impact player: Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby blocked one third-down pass, then later threw Jets tight end Dustin Keller off his pattern enough for Chris Clemons to intercept Sanchez at the Dolphins 1.
• Highlights: After a field goal got the Jets on the board, Marcus Thigpen showed strength, agility and speed on a 57-yard kickoff return. A 30-yard pass to Jabar Gaffney and a 4-yard toe-tapping touchdown catch by Anthony Fasano later, and the Dolphins were up 27-3. Clemons kept it that way with his interception.
• Lowlights: Bush’s fumble gave the Jets the ball at the Dolphins 32, creating the threat that Clemons ended. Gaffney dropped a bomb up the left sideline that would have been a 70-yard touchdown
• Impact player: In garbage time, Sanchez dropped back to pass 23 times in the final quarter and got a touchdown pass — New York’s only touchdown of the day — and some otherwise inconsequential completions.
• Highlights: Brian Hartline recovered the Jets onside-kick attempt at the New York 45. Carpenter kicked a 42-yard field goal to put the Dolphins up 30-9. The last Jets drive ended on a fourth-and-7 incompletion from the Dolphins 19. Otherwise, the clock kept running.
• Lowlights: A three-yard pass to Chaz Schilens got the Jets into the end zone with 7:20 left in the game. The Dolphins offense failed on third-and-1 — which is becoming a bugaboo for them — when Thomas got stopped for a 1-yard loss.