Here’s a list of what’s closed or canceled due to Hurricane Sandy:
• Bal Harbour Village beaches are closed due to strong rip currents.
• Belen Jesuit Preparatory School canceled its homecoming game. The homecoming dance is still on as scheduled, but check www.belenjesuit.org for updates.
• Metrobus, Metrorail, Metromover and Special Transportation services continue as normal on Friday. The transit authority will monitor winds and may temporarily close Metrorail and Metromover stations based on weather conditions. There could be Metrobus delays due to possible flooding and debris on the roads.
• Monroe County has closed Keys courts for the day.
• Hollywood’s annual Boo Bash scheduled for Friday has been postponed until Wednesday, Oct. 31. The free event, put on by the city’s Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts, will run from 7 to 10 p.m. and include trick or treating, a costume contest and a concert by The Monsters.
• North Miami has postponed its Halloween Haunted Trails and Family Fun Zone until Saturday, Oct. 27. The event runs from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Enchanted Forest Park, at 1725 NE 135th St. in North Miami.
• The Alzheimer’s Association’s Walk to End Alzheimer’s on Saturday has been canceled. Miami-Dade walkers can instead attend the Broward Walk to End Alzheimer’s at Hollywood North Beach Park on Saturday, Nov. 10. For more information, visit www.alz.org/walk or call 800-272-3900.
Miami Herald reporter Carli Teproff and Miami Herald writer Theo Karantsalis contributed to this report.
This report will be updated as more information becomes available.
Follow @Cveiga on Twitter.