• Michael Vick admitted he is a dog owner again and animal-rights groups are concerned. Are they kidding? With all the scrutiny, thatll be the most pampered pet in America. Dogs probably munching filet mignon, lapping from a bowl of beef-flavored champagne and getting a pedicure as we speak.
• NASCAR, now in its Chase for the Cup playoffs, announced Fox Deportes would carry its 2013 races in Spanish. NASCAR races currently are broadcast in only two languages: English and Redneck.
• Congrats to South Plantations Erin Dimeglio for being the first female to play quarterback in a Florida high school football game. Aside to her teammates: Probably best to go with the fist-bump, not the butt-slap.
• Answer: Davie hosted a Florida Gay Rodeo Association event, and competitions included (seriously) steer decorating. Question: Is it true some statements require no punchline?
• IndyCar eyes a race in downtown Fort Lauderdale, which would be exciting if it wasnt IndyCar, whose races, but for the Indy 500, are a better-kept secret than the federal witness protection program.
• Parting thought: Hitting abysmally and being benched in the ALCS didnt stop the Yankees Alex Rodriguez from reportedly trying to pick up a woman during a game by inviting her to write her number on a baseball and toss it back. Cannot confirm the woman wrote, Sorry. You just struck out again.
Visit Gregs Random Evidence of a Cluttered Blog daily at MiamiHerald.com, watch video commentaries at YouTube/TheGregCote and follow on Twitter @gregcote.