• Impact player: Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill came out nearly flawlessly, completing 8 of 10 for 86 yards.
• Highlights: The Dolphins had ball for 9:20 of the quarter. Cameron Wake ends Arizona’s first drive with a sack. Davone Bess had three catches for 51 yards, including a third-and-10 grab for 16 and a third-and-7 catch for 15.
• Lowlights: Jake Long allowed a sack that killed the Dolphins first drive. Tight end Clarence Clay got knocked halfway to Tijuana by an Adrian Wilson ball-dislodging hit. Like Arizona, the Dolphins couldn’t establish the run.
• Impact player: Receiver Brian Hartline had five catches for 98 yards, including a 57-yarder to get the touchdown drive going and a 19-yarder on third-and-goal from the 20.
• Highlights: With a 3-0 lead, the Dolphins go for it on fourth and goal from the 1 and Jorvorskie Lane scored. Sean Smith, doing Larry Fitzgerald duty, came up with an interception that put the Dolphins in position for a field goal.
• Lowlights: Running back Daniel Thomas got stonewalled by Paris Lenon on a third-and-1 run, thus halting the only non-scoring drive for the Dolphins of the quarter.
• Impact player: Arizona quarterback Kevin Kolb got the Cardinals into the end zone on their first drive of the half with an all-pass drive that ended with the Cardinals back in the game, 13-7.
• Highlights: Tannehill’s 30-yard completion to Hartline with Patrick Peterson almost eclipsing Hartline signalled that combination wouldn’t be stopped on this day.
• Lowlights: Dan Carpenter went wide right with a 51-yard field-goal attempt, long, but makeable, especially with the roof closed. With the field position, the Cardinals immediately countered with a touchdown drive.
• Impact player: Kolb, again. He covered the last 79 yards of an 81-yard touchdown drive in two passes, threw an ill-advised pass that got picked off in the end zone and sent the game to overtime with a touchdown pass on fourth-and-10.
• Highlights: Tannehill found a wide open Hartline roaming through the deep Cardinals’ secondary for 80 yards and, after a two-point pass to Lane, a 21-14 lead.
Lowlights: Andre Roberts beat Richard Marshall up the numbers on a 46-yard touchdown pass and Sean Smith to the left pylon for a 15-yard game-tying touchdown.
• Impact player: Arizona kicker Jay Feely connected on a 46-yard field goal to give the Cardinals the victory. It was his first field goal of the day.
• Highlights: The Dolphins were able to stop the Cardinals on their first drive, forcing them to punt after three plays.
• Lowlights: Tannehill’s second interception of the day was picked up by Kerry Rhodes at the Arizona 48-yard line. Six plays and 23 yards later, Feely’s kick ended the game and handed Miami its second consecutive overtime defeat.