• Angry Orchard Hard Cider, “Traditionally Dry:” light and crisp and clean and refreshing, with pure, tart-apple flavors and subtle hints of something like tannin; an excellent aperitif; $9 per six-pack.
• Crispin “Brown’s Lane” Imported Classic English Dry (Hard) Apple Cider: lightly sparkling, quite dry, with flavors of tart apples, caramel and earth and a bitter almond finish; $2.69 per 16.9-ounce bottle.
• Prince Edward County Ice Cider, Ontario: intense and concentrated flavors of apples, cinnamon and honey; medium-sweet, with excellent acid balance to keep it from cloying; $30 per half-bottle.
• Hornsby’s Amber Draft Hard Cider: light and crisp, with spicy cinnamon flavors and a sweet finish; $20 for a 12-pack of 12-ounce bottles.
• Angry Orchard “Apple Ginger” Hard Cider: crisp, medium body, flavors of sweet apples and spicy ginger, with a sweet finish; $9 per six-pack.
• Angry Orchard Hard Cider “Crisp Apple:” light and crisp, slightly sweet, with concentrated apple flavors and a sweet, tangy finish; $9 per six-pack.
• Michelob ULTRA Light Cider, by Anheuser-Busch, 4 percent alcohol, 120 calories per 12-ounce bottle: clear in color, slightly sweet, light in body, with lightly sweet apple juice flavors; $7 per six-pack.
• Strongbow English Imported Hard Cider: pale color, very dry, with tart, green-apple flavors, light carbonation and a slightly sweet finish; $10 per six-pack.
• Martinelli’s Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Apple Cider: Soft and light and fizzy, with straightforward sweet apple flavors; $3.69 per 25.4-ounce bottle.