• Impact player: Richard Marshall had his first interception as a Dolphin, giving the ball to the Miami offense on the Jets’ 47-yard line. Eight plays later Miami was in the end zone.
• Highlights: Reggie Bush picked up right where he left off last week, amassing 50 yards on six carries. Daniel Thomas put the Dolphins ahead with a 1-yard touchdown run. Karlos Dansby had five tackles.
• Lowlights: Nolan Carroll was called for defensive pass interference on third-and-eight on the Jets’ first drive of the day. Richard Marshall was penalized for illegal contact, bringing New York close to midfield late in the first quarter.
• Impact player: Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez might not have had a great stat line, but he made the plays when it mattered. Two first-down passes on third-and-long kept alive a 16-play, 67-yard drive that ended with a field goal.
• Highlights: Jared Odrick and Olivier Vernon combined to sack Sanchez on third down. Davone Bess caught a 10-yard pass, dodged a tackle, and stretched it into a 23-yard reception. Dan Carpenter converted a 21-yard field goal.
• Lowlights: The Dolphins defense was fooled by a fake punt. Taking the direct snap on fourth-and-three, Tim Tebow ran for five yards and a first down. Bush injured left knee late.
• Impact player: With the score tied at 10, Chris Clemons’ interception in the end zone on third-and-goal kept the Dolphins from falling behind.
• Highlights: On second-and-goal at Miami’s two, Randy Starks tackled Tebow for a 5-yard loss — the play that preceded Clemons’ pick. Lamar Miller had a 22-yard run. Anthony Fasano had a great catch along the sideline, just shy of the end zone. Javorskie Lane scored his first career touchdown.
• Lowlights: Two plays into the half, Ryan Tannehill threw a pick-six to Darrelle Revis LaRon Landry. Upon getting the ball back, Thomas quickly fumbled it away. Miami was lucky that turnover did not also result in a Jets touchdown.
• Impact player: Davone Bess caught two passes for 49 yards, including a 12-yard reception on third down during the final drive of regulation. Later, he also drew a crucial defensive pass interference call.
• Highlights: Kevin Burnett flew through the air to stuff Jets running back Shonn Green for no gain at the Dolphins’ 1-yard line. Dan Carpenter nailed a tying 41-yard field goal in the final seconds of regulation.
• Lowlights: Marshall was penalized for defensive pass interference in the end zone. Carpenter missed a 47-yard field goal. Miami wideout Anthony Armstrong let the ball sail through his hands on third down on the next drive.
Impact player: Unlike his Dolphins counterpart, Jets kicker Nick Folk made the winning field goal in overtime. His 33-yard kick gave New York the victory.
• Highlights: Odrick hit Sanchez as he threw, forcing third-and-long. Vernon dove for the errant ball but couldn’t make the interception. Tannehill connected with Brian Hartline for a 41-yard reception to put the Dolphins close to field goal range.
• Lowlights: Carpenter missed a potential winning 48-yard field goal wide left. Randy Starks blocked the Jets’ game-winning field goal try, but coach Joe Philbin called a timeout just before the snap. Folk made the ensuing field goal to give the Jets the victory.