• Longtime Cardinal Gibbons coach Duffy Dillon is closing in on his 300th career win.
Dillon hopes to achieve the milestone before the end of the season.
• Champagnat 40, South Florida HEAT 0: Champagnat didn’t let up in a 40-0 District 8-2A win Saturday at Northwest Christian Academy.
Junior running back Deandrius Bridges rushed for 161 yards and three touchdowns on 16 carries as Champagnat (1-2, 1-0) won its first game.
“It feels awesome,” said Bridges, who also took over at quarterback late in the fourth quarter. “We just came together as a team.”
Champagnat ran for 348 total yards. Charles Williams had 134 yards and a touchdown.
“We just work hard and give it all we got,” said Bridges, who scored on runs of 5, 36 and 34 yards.
• Late Friday — Archbishop McCarthy 21, Stranahan 13: After trailing by six at the half, the host Mavericks (3-1) used a dominating second half, outgaining the Dragons 187-7 without allowing a first down for their first victory in district play.
Quarterback Brandon Vicens led all rushers with 102 yards on 17 carries and two touchdowns.
• Late Friday — Pine Crest 38, Tavernier Coral Shores 7: The battle of two undefeated teams wasn’t even close.
“The offensive line created the holes; I just hit them as hard as I can,” senior running back Kyle Diener said.
Diener rushed for 92 yards and two touchdowns. Senior running back David Leibowitz ran for 49 yards on just eight carries and a touchdown.
• Late Friday — Nova 20, Miami Westminster Christian 14: Westminster Christian’s final drive stalled at the Nova 25-yard line after quarterback Elbre Gaiter was sacked on second down by Jaron Mcgill with 35 seconds left. Nova quarterback Michael Flood threw for 131 yards and two touchdowns.
• Late Friday — Mater Academy 13, Somerset 0: Running back Anthony McRae rushed 17 times for 126 yards to lead the Lions to the win. Octavio Garcia rushed 12 times for 112 yards.
• Late Friday scores: North Broward Prep 22, Barrington Christian 0; West Palm Beach Cardinal Newman 55, Calvary Christian 14; North Palm Beach Benjamin 10, Coral Springs Charter 3; Highlands Christian 56, Miami Palmer Trinity 0; Coral Springs Christian 69, Zion Lutheran 6