The community is invited to the 8 p.m. worship service on Friday at Temple Beth Or at 11715 SW 87th Ave. in Kendall.
According to a press release from the synagogue, the Reconstructionist congregation welcomes the Sabbath "with a focus on providing spiritual inspiration, meaning and guidance for the coming week. The public is invited to experience the congregation’s fresh approach to Judaism, with it’s deep respect for tradition combined with the insights of contemporary intellectual and spiritual life."
For more information call 305-235-1419 or go to www.bethormiami.com.
• Temple Bat Yam at 5151NE 14th Terr. in east Fort Lauderdale, will have its Yom Kippur services on Sept. 25 and 26, at the Parker Playhouse. The afternoon service on Sept. 26 will include a healing service at 2:30 p.m, followed by Yizkor and N’ilah. Tickets are required for all services at Parker Playhouse, except for the family service at 1:15 p.m. on Sept. 26.
Family services for Sukkot will include a Hagdalah ceremony honoring third grade students as they begin their intensified Hebrew studies on Sept. 30.
The Parker Playhouse is at 707 NE Eighth St. in Fort Lauderdale. Call the temple at 954-928-0410(cq) or email info@TempleBetYam.org for tickets and more information.
• Temple Beth Or’s Erev Yom Kippur service will be from 8 to 10 p.m. Tuesday in the sanctuary of Christ the King Lutheran Church, 11295 SW 57th Ave. The Yom Kippur service will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sept. 26, also in the church’s sanctuary.
Neilah and Havdalah service will be at 5 p.m. at Temple Beth Or, as well as Break the Fast. The temple is at 11715 SW 87th Ave.
• The Yom Kippur schedule for Chabad in the Gables is as follows: Kol Nidrei and Holiday Opening services will be at 7 p.m. on Sept. 25, and morning services on Sept. 26 will be at 10 a.m. and will include Yizkor (remembering the departed), at 11:30 a.m. The closing service will be at 6 p.m. and will include "Napoleon’s March." Final Shofar Blast, Havdalah and a deluxe buffet "break-fast."
All services will be at 195 Giralda Ave.
• Temple Beth Am will have two Kol Nidre services on Sept. 25 at 6 and 8 p.m. in the sanctuary. Yom Kippur will begin with an early service at 8:15 a.m. and a kids K’hillah at 8:15 a.m. from grades kindergarten through fourth. The late morning service will be at 11:30 a.m. and will include a brief Yizkor service.
Self-guided Reflections will be at 2 p.m. in the synagogue’s new Meditation Garden. Also "chair" yoga will be offered at 2 p.m. in the gymnasium.
A Yom Kippur Study will be in the Adult Reading room at 2:45 p.m. Also at 2:45 p.m., a Healing Circle Service will be in the chapel. In addition, a musical meditation will also be at 2:45 p.m. in the sanctuary, followed at 3 p.m. by a children’s service with song and storytelling for children ages newborn through 5. The 6 p.m. Yizkor service will be followed by Neilah service in the sanctuary. Temple Beth Am is at 5950 N. Kendall Dr.
• You are invited to Shema Koleinu services to be at 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 25 for Kol Nidre and at 10 a.m. on Sept. 26 for Yom Kippur . Services will be at the Miramar Cultural Center/Arts Park, 2500 Civic Center Place in Miramar.
For tickets and for more information call Cantor Debbi Ballard at 954-646-1326.