• Impact player: With 68 yards in the air and 15 yards on the ground — including a two-yard touchdown run — Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill made his mark early. He held a 79.2 rating at the end of the quarter.
• Highlights: Running back Reggie Bush had an 11-yard run on Dolphins’ first snap. Wide receiver Brian Hartline made 15-yard and 21-yard catches on Miami’s first drive.
• Lowlights: Hartline and Davone Bess both dropped passes, with Hartline’s drop coming in the end zone. Raiders running back Mike Goodson’s touchdown looked too easy. Goodson caught a short pass from Carson Palmer, and ran untouched to the end zone past Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby and a diving Reshad Jones.
• Impact player: Raiders quarterback Palmer went 13 for 25 in the second quarter, totaling 129 yards but no touchdowns.
• Highlights: With the Raiders having 1st-and-goal at the Miami 7-yard-line , the Dolphins stepped up their coverage and pressured Palmer, forcing Oakland to settle for a field goal. Brandon Fields had four punts, three of which pinned the Raiders within their own 15-yard line.
• Lowlights: The Dolphins’ pass coverage was lacking, and so too was their tackling. Raiders running back Darren McFadden easily stiff-armed safety Jones on one play and tight end David Ausberry flattened linebacker Kevin Burnett on another. Jimmy Wilson was penalized for roughing the passer, giving Oakland 1st-and-goal.
• Impact player: Dolphins fans were chanting “Reggie! Reggie!” for a reason. Bush had two touchdown runs, one earned by grit, the other by speed. Bush broke four tackles on a 23-yard touchdown run and later ran past everyone along the left sideline for a 65-yard touchdown.
• Highlights: With the Raiders at their one-yard line, the Dolphins defense held Oakland to a three-and-out to give the offense good field position. Later, Sean Smith broke up a pass at midfield to force Oakland to punt.
• Lowlights: Running back Lamar Miller missed a block, allowing Tannehill to be hit as he threw an incomplete pass on third down. Oakland punt returner Phillip Adams ran for 45 yards before finally being tackled.
• Impact player: Tannehill helped put the game away with a 80-yard drive that saw the rookie go 4 for 5 for 54 yards and complete his first career touchdown pass, 14 yards to tight end Anthony Fasano.
• Highlights: Early in the quarter, safety Jimmy Wilson tipped a pass away in the end zone on third down to force the Raiders to settle for a field goal. Bush ran for 43 yards. Hartline had two catches to cap off a career-best game for him. Miller ran 16 yards into the end zone for his first career touchdown. Safety Reshad Jones picked off Palmer late in the game to cap off the victory.
• Lowlights: There weren’t many, as the Dolphins scored two touchdowns and ran the clock down to win by 21 points.