South Florida joins the rest of the country Tuesday in mourning the lives lost in the Sept. 11 attacks. Events are scheduled in Miami-Dade and Broward to commemorate those who died. Here are some of the memorials scheduled:
• Miami Shores: Commemoration Mass with Archbishop Thomas Wenski, 11:45 a.m. at St. Martha Catholic Church, 9301 Biscayne Blvd.
• Miami-Dade: Ceremony of Remembrance, 9:30 a.m. at Tropical Park, 7900 SW 40th St.
• Miami-Dade: Memorializing a steel beam from the World Trade Center, 11:30 a.m. at Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Station 3, 3911 SW 82nd Ave.
• Coral Springs: Memorial Service, 6 p.m. at Northwest Regional Library, 3151 University Dr.
• Hollywood: Memorial Concert, 7:30 p.m. at ArtsPark at Young Circle, Federal Highway and Hollywood Boulevard.
• Fort Lauderdale: Patriot Day Ceremony, 8:30 a.m. at Ron Cochran Public Safety Building, 2601 W. Broward Blvd.
• Fort Lauderdale: 9/11: A Conversation with Bob Graham, 5:30 p.m. at Museum of Art, 1 E. Las Olas Blvd. General admission: $30.
• Fort Lauderdale: All Wars End film premiere, 8 p.m. at Cinema Paradiso, 503 SE Sixth St. Cost: $25. Activities include color guard, poetry reading, and Q&A with cast and crew.
• Fort Lauderdale: 9/11 Ceremony, 9:30 a.m. at Fort Lauderdale Fire & Safety Museum, 1122 W. Las Olas Blvd.
• North Lauderdale: Wreath Laying Ceremony, 1:30 p.m. at North Lauderdale Veterans Memorial, Rock Island Road and Kimberly Boulevard.
• Parkland: Remembrance, 5 p.m. at Parkland YMCA Family Center, 10559 Trails End. Activities include Broward Sheriff’s Office Honor Guard, Trade Center steel display and reading by children.
• Pembroke Pines: Patriot Day Remembrance Ceremony, 8:30 a.m. at Pembroke Pines City Center, 10300 Pines Blvd.