• Offseason additions: QB Kyle Orton, FB Lawrence Vickers, OT Pat McQuistan, G Nate Livings, G Mackenzy Bernadeau, ILB Dan Connor, CB Brandon Carr, S Brodney Pool.
• Key draft picks: CB Morris Claiborne, DE/DT Tyrone Crawford, LB Kyle Wilber, S Matt Johnson, WR/P Danny Coale.
• Offseason losses: FB Tony Fiammetta, WR Laurent Robinson, TE Martellus Bennett, G Montrae Holland, G Kyle Kosier, G Derrick Dockery, ILB Bradie James, CB Terence Newman, CB Alan Ball, S Abram Elam, P Mat McBriar.
• Outlook: The championship window is closing fast for Tony Romo and Co. The Cowboys invested heavily on defense with four draft picks, but the injuries (Jason Witten) and offseason drama (Dez Bryant) could throw off the timing of the receiving corps. A healthy DeMarco Murray at running back would help.
New York Giants
• Offseason additions: TE Martellus Bennett, NT Shaun Rogers, OLB Keith Rivers, CB Antwaun Molden, CB Dante Hughes.
• Key draft picks: RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle, CB Jayron Hosley, TE Adrien Robinson, OT/G Brandon Mosley.
• Offseason losses: RB Brandon Jacobs, WR Mario Manningham, TE Jake Ballard, OT Kareem McKenzie, DE Dave Tollefson, ILB Jonathan Goff, CB Aaron Ross, S Deon Grant.
• Outlook: Don’t let the shine of last season’s Super Bowl hide some obvious warts. The Giants squeaked into the playoffs before getting hot and lost one of their best receivers (Manningham), tight ends (Ballard) and running backs (Jacobs). The Giants struggled running the ball, but the addition of Wilson will help. The NFC East is loaded, so a return to the playoffs is no guarantee.
• Offseason additions: OT Demetress Bell, ILB DeMeco Ryans, S O.J. Atogwe.
• Key draft picks: DT Fletcher Cox, ILB Mychal Kendricks, DE Vinny Curry, QB Nick Foles, CB Brandon Boykin.
• Offseason losses: QB Vince Young, FB Owen Schmitt, WR Steve Smith, OT Winston Justice, C Jamaal Jackson, DE Juqua Thomas-Parker, DT Trevor Laws, CB Asante Samuel.
• Outlook: Last season at this time, the Eagles were compared to the Heat for their star-studded offseason pickups. The Eagles didn’t make the playoffs, but finished strong, proving that their talent is still there. Coach Andy Reid, dealing with the death of his son during training camp, has his hands full on and off the field. The Eagles could flame out again or win the Super Bowl, but the jury is still out.
• Offseason additions: WR Pierre Garcon, WR Josh Morgan, ILB Jonathan Goff, CB Cedric Griffin, S Tanard Jackson, S Brandon Meriweather, K Neil Rackers.
• Key draft picks: QB Robert Griffin, G Josh LeRibeus, QB Kirk Cousins, ILB Keenan Robinson.
• Offseason losses: WR Jabar Gaffney, WR Donte’ Stallworth, DE/DT Kedric Golston, OLB Rocky McIntosh, SS LaRon Landry, FS O.J. Atogwe.
• Outlook: The Redskins paid a big price to move up and draft Griffin, but it will take time. Look for former Hurricanes receiver Leonard Hankerson to make a big leap forward this year. Hankerson had eight catches for 106 yards against the Dolphins before he was lost for the season with a hip injury. Hankerson would give Griffin a big-play threat. Now if coach Mike Shanahan could settle on a running back.