• Offseason additions: QB Peyton Manning, QB Caleb Hanie, WR Andre Caldwell, WR Brandon Stokley, TE Jacob Tamme, TE Joel Dreessen, DT Justin Bannan, CB Tracy Porter, CB Drayton Florence, S Mike Adams.
• Key draft picks: DT Derek Wolfe, QB Brock Osweiler, RB Ronnie Hillman, CB Omar Bolden, C Philip Blake, DE Malik Jackson.
• Offseason losses: QB Tim Tebow, QB Brady Quinn, FB Spencer Larsen, WR Eddie Royal, DE Derrick Harvey, DT Brodrick Bunkley, DT Marcus Thomas, DT Ryan McBean, OLB Mario Haggan, CB Andre Goodman, S Brian Dawkins.
• Outlook: Most teams would take a public relations hit for trading away Tim Tebow after he led them to a playoff victory, but Broncos president/legend John Elway signed Peyton Manning. All is forgiven.
Kansas City Chiefs
• Offseason additions: QB Brady Quinn, RB Peyton Hillis, TE Kevin Boss, OT Eric Winston, DE/DT Ropati Pitoitua, CB Stanford Routt.
• Key draft picks: NT Dontari Poe, G Jeff Allen, OT Donald Stephenson, WR Devon Wylie, CB/S DeQuan Menzie, RB Cyrus Gray.
• Offseason losses: QB Kyle Orton, RB Jackie Battle, FB Le’Ron McClain, TE Leonard Pope, OT Barry Richardson, C Casey Wiegmann, DE Wallace Gilberry, NT Kelly Gregg, CB Brandon Carr, S Jon McGraw.
• Outlook: The Chiefs could be a dark horse candidate to make the playoffs. The returns of running back Jamaal Charles, safety Eric Berry and tight end Tony Moeaki from season-ending injuries puts Kansas City’s talent on par with any team in the division. Getting holdout receiver Dwayne Bowe back in camp and the addition of Peyton Hillis would provide balance.
Offseason additions: QB Matt Leinart, RB Mike Goodson, FB Owen Schmitt, G Mike Brisiel, DE Dave Tollefson, OLB Philip Wheeler, CB Shawntae Spencer, CB Ronald Bartell, CB Patrick Lee.
• Key draft picks: OT/G Tony Bergstrom, DE/OLB Miles Burris, DE Jack Crawford, WR Juron Criner.
• Offseason losses: QB Jason Campbell, RB Michael Bush, WR Chaz Schilens, TE Kevin Boss, OT Stephon Heyer, G Bruce Campbell, C Samson Satele, DE/OLB Kamerion Wimbley, DE Jarvis Moss, DE Quentin Groves, DT John Henderson, ILB Darryl Blackstock, CB Stanford Routt, CB Chris Johnson, CB Lito Sheppard.
• Outlook: Oakland traded away draft picks for Carson Palmer. The result? The Raiders finished ranked in the top 10 in total offense. If the Raiders could improve on defense, a playoff spot is possible.
San Diego Chargers
• Offseason additions: QB Charlie Whitehurst, RB Ronnie Brown, FB LeRon McClain, WR Robert Meachem, WR/KR Eddie Royal, G Rex Hadnot, NT Aubrayo Franklin, DE/OLB Jarret Johnson, ILB Demorrio Williams, S Atari Bigby, KR Michael Spurlock, KR Roscoe Parrish.
• Key draft picks: DE/OLB Melvin Ingram, DE/DT Kendall Reyes, S Brandon Taylor, TE Ladarius Green.
• Offseason losses: QB Billy Volek, RB Mike Tolbert, WR Vincent Jackson, WR Patrick Crayton, OT Marcus McNeill, G Kris Dielman, C Scott Mruczkowski, DE/DT Luis Castillo, DE/OLB Travis LaBoy, DT Tommie Harris, CB Dante Hughes, S Steve Gregory.
• Outlook: Remember when Marty Schottenheimer had all that talent in San Diego and the Chargers couldn’t make the Super Bowl? The window is about closed.