• Offseason additions: QB John Beck, RB Justin Forsett, ILB Bradie James, CB Alan Ball, P Donnie Jones.
• Key draft picks: DE/OLB Whitney Mercilus, WR DeVier Posey, G Brandon Brooks, C/G Ben Jones, WR Keshawn Martin, DE/DT Jared Crick, K Randy Bullock.
• Offseason losses: QB Matt Leinart, FB Lawrence Vickers, WR/KR Jacoby Jones, TE Joel Dreessen, OT Eric Winston, G Mike Brisiel, G Kasey Studdard, DE Mario Williams, ILB DeMeco Ryans, CB Jason Allen, K Neil Rackers.
• Outlook: The Texans lost some key players in offensive lineman Eric Winston, defensive end Mario Williams and linebacker DeMeco Ryans, but they are still the favorites in the AFC South. If Matt Schaub can stay healthy and the defense can hold its own, expect more than one playoff victory this season.
• Offseason additions: QB Drew Stanton, RB Mewelde Moore, WR Donnie Avery, OT Winston Justice, C Samson Satele, DE/DT Cory Redding, NT Brandon McKinney, CB Justin King, SS Tom Zbikowski.
• Key draft picks: QB Andrew Luck, TE Coby Fleener, TE Dwayne Allen, WR T.Y. Hilton, NT Josh Chapman, RB Vick Ballard.
• Offseason losses: QB Peyton Manning, QB Dan Orlovsky, RB Joseph Addai, WR Pierre Garcon, TE Dallas Clark, TE Jacob Tamme, G Ryan Diem, C Jeff Saturday, C/G Mike Pollak, DE Tyler Brayton, DE Jamaal Anderson, DT Eric Foster, OLB Philip Wheeler, OLB Ernie Sims, ILB Gary Brackett, CB Jacob Lacey, S Melvin Bullitt.
• Outlook: The Colts wisely drafted weapons to grow along with No. 1 pick Andrew Luck, including Stanford teammate Coby Fleener and FIU speedster T.Y. Hilton.
• Offseason additions: QB Chad Henne, WR Laurent Robinson, WR Lee Evans, CB Aaron Ross.
• Key draft picks: WR Justin Blackmon, DE Andre Branch, P Bryan Anger, OLB Brandon Marshall.
• Offseason losses: DE Matt Roth, DE Aaron Kampman, DT Leger Douzable, CB Drew Coleman.
• Outlook: Star running back Maurice Jones-Drew’s holdout could make the difference between a four- to five-win team and the first pick in next year’s draft. Quarterback Blaine Gabbert’s lousy rookie season did not inspire confidence, and Justin Blackmon’s offseason arrest could hinder his growth. Jones-Drew and tight end Marcedes Lewis are the only threats opponents need to key on. The real drama is how long the franchise stays in Jacksonville.
• Offseason additions: G Steve Hutchinson, DE Kamerion Wimbley, DT Leger Douzable.
• Key draft picks: WR Kendall Wright, OLB Zach Brown, DT Mike Martin, CB Coty Sensabaugh.
• Offseason losses: TE Daniel Graham, G Jake Scott, DE William Hayes, DT Jason Jones, CB Cortland Finnegan, SS Chris Hope.
• Outlook: The Titans have made the switch from veteran Matt Hasselbeck to second-year quarterback Jake Locker, but there are other questions surrounding the offense. Chris Johnson held out last year and struggled once he got his big contract, and big-play receiver Kenny Britt is recovering from a knee injury. The defense will also miss the presence of cornerback Cortland Finnegan. Look for former Hurricanes linebacker Colin McCarthy (68 tackles) to inherit a bigger role this season.