• Others to watch: Cypress Bay at Bradenton Manatee, Oct. 12; Cooper City vs. Western, Oct. 12; Belle Glade Glades Central at Dillard, Oct. 12; Blanche Ely at Deerfield Beach, Oct. 13.
WEEK 8 – OCT. 19
Northeast at Blanche Ely
• Comment: A playoff spot or a tiebreaker will likely be determined as these two District 14-7A rivals collide. Each team made the playoffs last year, but with Boyd Anderson back in the mix this could be an elimination game.
• Others to watch: Dillard at Cardinal Gibbons, Oct. 19; Everglades at Miramar, Oct. 19; McArthur vs. Plantation, Oct. 19, PAL Field.
WEEK 9 – OCT. 26
Boyd Anderson at Blanche Ely
• Comment: The final piece of the District 14-7A puzzle gets solved here…or does it? Someone may walk away with a district championship trophy, or brace for a three-team tiebreaker. It’s going to be a wild one between longtime rivals.
• Others to watch: McArthur at Cooper City, Oct. 25; Cardinal Gibbons at American Heritage, Oct. 26, 7:30 p.m.; Plantation at St. Thomas Aquinas, Oct. 26.
WEEK 10 – NOV. 2
Taravella at Coral Springs
• Comment: Taravella had a breakout season last year, winning District 11-8A. Coral Springs started strong, but faltered late. Both teams could be in position to clinch a playoff spot at this pointmaking this an intense neighborhood rivalry again.
• Others to watch: American Heritage at Dillard, Nov. 3; St. Thomas Aquinas at Cooper City, Nov. 2; Cardinal Gibbons at Hallandale, Nov. 2.
WEEK 11 – NOV. 10
Blanche Ely at Dillard
• Comment: The Soul Bowl is always a highly-anticipated showdown. This season, both teams could find themselves gearing up for the postseason if earlier outcomes proved positive.
• Others to watch: Cypress Bay at Boyd Anderson, Nov. 9; Flanagan at Cooper City, Nov. 9; Plantation at South Plantation, Nov. 9; Chaminade at Archbishop McCarthy, Nov. 9.