Tropical Storm Isaac hasn’t touched Florida, but he’s already affecting our daily lives. Here’s a look at what has and has not changed so far:
• Miami-Dade and Broward public schools officials are monitoring the storm but made no decision Thursday on whether schools will open Monday.
• Monroe County public schools are expected to announce Friday that they will be closed Monday.
• Monroe County courthouses, county offices and sheriff’s administrative offices will be closed Monday. Miami-Dade and Broward officials made no decision Thursday.
• Hours have been extended at all 13 trash and recycling centers in Miami-Dade County. They will be open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. until further notice.
• If you have questions about hurricane preparedness, call 311.