Seth MacFarlane's Ted may have outstripped Steven Soderbergh’s Magic Mike at the box office opening weekend, but the male-stripper flick still offers the most ab-tastic day at the movies since 300. With Channing Tatum as a stripper with a heart of gold who takes young Alex Pettyfer under his wing, the cast includes Matthew McConaughey, Matt Bomer and Joe Manganiello.
If you’re into this sort of thing, you’ve probably been following the movie’s development. See how closely you were paying attention.
1. Magic Mike is Channing Tatum’s baby. The film is based on his pre-acting days as an erotic dancer. He told E! News about some of the stripping routines learned during that time. In addition to a clown get-up, what outfit did he say he wore onstage?
D. Boy Scout
2. This has been a banner year for Tatum, with The Vow and 21 Jump Street under his belt. How many movies does he have on the horizon?
3. Before Soderbergh came on board, Tatum had a different director in mind. Who was his first choice?
A. Nicolas Winding Refn
B. Joe Wright
C. Darren Aronofsky
D. Steven Spielberg
4. Manganiello is no stranger to taking his clothes off on camera. His hot and hairy small-screen persona has to do that a lot as well. What TV show served as his proving ground for Magic Mike?
A. Boardwalk Empire
B. How I Met Your Mother
D. True Blood
5. Which movie were both Magic Mike and Ted looking to unseat from atop the box office perch last weekend?
A. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
C. Madagascar 3