Love ’em or hate ’em, there is no denying that the Palins have become a ubiquitous presence in American politics and pop culture.
The family began its reality-show career with daughter Bristol’s season on Dancing With the Stars, followed by the short-lived Sarah Palin’s Alaska, both in 2010. Bristol was to have done a reality series in late 2011 on BIO with the Massey brothers, but that one was scrapped.
Bristol returns Tuesday with Lifetime’s Bristol Palin: Life’s a Tripp, which follows the single mother’s life from Wasilla, Alaska, through a trip to Los Angeles to live with her sister, Willow, and back.
Wondering whether this is the place to test your trivia knowledge of the political celebrity’s daughter and her new show? You betcha it is!
1. In 2011, TLC announced that it would not be renewing Sarah Palin’s Alaska. This came after the show’s brief first season maxed out at 5 million viewers in its premiere. How many episodes ultimately aired?
2. During her stint on Dancing With the Stars, rumors circulated about Bristol Palin and her dance partner, Mark Ballas, that an executive producer called a "bald, dumb lie." What was the gist of those rumors?
A. Palin was pregnant with her second child.
B. Palin and Ballas were in a romantic relationship.
C. Palin and Ballas were planning their own reality show.
D. Palin and Ballas were in a bitter feud.
3. Bristol Palin made news in May when she publicly decried on her blog a position held by President Barack Obama, saying, "It would’ve been nice if the President would’ve been an actual leader." Which of Obama’s positions was Palin referring to?
A. His support of gay marriage.
B. His support of Planned Parenthood.
C. His position on the opening of Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling.
D. His response to Georgetown Law student Sandra Fluke’s testimony on contraceptives.
4. The Palin family, and Sen. John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign, received a great deal of scrutiny over Bristol Palin’s son, Tripp, who was born out of wedlock. How old is Tripp now?
A. 2 1/2 years old
B. 4 years old
C. 3 years old
D. 5 years old
5. Bristol Palin’s former boyfriend, and Tripp’s father, Levi Johnston, considered his own foray into politics in 2011, saying that he wanted his son to be proud of him. What position did Johnston almost run for?
A. Alaska state representative
B. Alaska state senator
C. Wasilla city council chairman
D. Mayor of Wasilla