The blanket of gray is going away in South Florida.
The week’s cloudy skies were brought by a front of low pressure moving down from Central Florida, said Barry Baxter, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Miami-Dade. Essentially, that meant rain, rain, and more rain.
But the weekend weather is looking up.
Baxter said it would look more like “typical summertime” weather, with a chance of some scattered showers and thunderstorms.
“It’s going to start drying out this weekend,” said meteorologist Kim Brabander, also with the National Weather Service in Miami-Dade.
What was a 60 percent chance of rain on Friday will turn into a 40 percent chance on Saturday, and 20 percent on Sunday.
The weekend will remain warm, with temperatures rising to the low 90s on Sunday.
“It looks like the hottest part of the upcoming several days,” Brabander said.
The dry weather will continue into next week.
Until then, keep that umbrella handy.