• The Broward chapter of the Sierra Club will meet at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Fern Forest Nature Center, 201 Lyons Rd., S., Coconut Creek. Guest speaker is Patrick Quinn of the Broward County Environmental Protection and Growth Management Department on manatees. The meeting is free and open to the public. Call Barbara Curtis at 954-946-7354 or email email@example.com.
• In honor of National Fishing and Boating Week, June 2-10, Florida has declared Saturday a license-free freshwater fishing day. All other regulations, such as size and bag limits, will apply. For more information, go to myFWC.com.
• “Hook Kids on Fishing” at a free family fishing event at the Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center, 35 East Quay Rd., Key West, from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday. The first 100 kids to preregister receive a free rod and reel and tackle box filled with tackle. Go to sanctuaryclassic.org.
• Kids ages 8-13 are invited to attend the Kids, Let’s Go Fishing! summer camp Monday through June 15 in Miami. Kids will learn fishing basics and use their skills on board the party boat Reward Won at Miamarina at Bayside Marketplace. Fee is $500 for a five-day session. Future sessions will be July 9-13 and Aug. 6-10. Enrollment is limited to 20. For more information, call 305-372-9470 or go to kidsletsgofishing.com.
• Ron Gallo will conduct a free family bass fishing clinic from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. June 16 at Walmart, 12400 Hillsboro Blvd., Coconut Creek. Call 954-684-3636.
• NBC Sports Network fishing show host George Poveromo will host the 15th annual Bimini Fishing Extravaganza, June 13-17 at Bimini Sands Resort & Marina in the Bahamas. Recreational anglers are invited to bring their own boats (minimum size 23 feet) for an informal tournament with coaching from pro staffers such as Poveromo, captain Harry Vernon III and others. For more information, go to georgepoveromo.com or call 954-755-6898.
• More than $20,000 in cash prizes will be awarded in the 28th annual Homestead/South Dade Kiwanis Dolphin Days Tournament on June 16. A captains’ meeting will be held at 6 p.m. June 14 at the Mutineer in Florida City. Entry fee is $385 per boat with up to four anglers. For more information, call Joe at 305-247-2227.
To our readers
This page is a regular weekly feature focusing on Florida outdoors adventures and upcoming events. If you would like to add to this listing, email scocking@MiamiHerald.com or fax to 305-376-2295.