Read more Political Currents stories from the Miami Herald
Gov. Reubin Askew / 1928-2014
Reubin Askew, one of the most popular and effective governors in Florida history and a fiercely determined advocate for tax reform, racial equality, managed growth and ethical government, died early Thursday in Tallahassee. He was 85.
Eight gay and lesbian couples are suing the state of Florida in federal court to recognize their marriages legally performed elsewhere.
Askew, 85, was one of the most popular and effective governors in Florida history.
More Political Currents
- Former Florida Gov. Reubin Askew dies at 85
- Eight gay couples sue Florida to recognize their legal marriages
- Former Fla. Gov. Reubin Askew, 85, hospitalized
- Proposal would limit Medicare coverage for some Florida drug testing
- Gov. Rick Scott, lawmakers tangle with universities over tuition costs
- Republicans' CD13 win gives Florida Democrats a bad case of déjà vu
VIDEO FROM OUR PARTNERS