Read more Political Currents stories from the Miami Herald
The survey, conducted by Republican Gov. Rick Scott’s pollster, indicates Charlie Crist is still formidable in a general election and leads the incumbent by 4 percentage points among likely voters.
The long-running legal fight over redistricting in Florida took another turn Wednesday when lawyers for Republican lawmakers said some documents were destroyed during the redistricting process.
Miami-Dade commissioners have asked the mayor to rewrite the county’s policy to limit local jails’ assistance to federal immigration authorities.
More Political Currents
- Poll: Charlie Crist would wallop Sen. Bill Nelson in gubernatorial primary
- Legislators destroyed documents during redistricting
- Miami-Dade plans to stop paying for federal immigration detentions
- Charges dropped for two accused of filing false report in Doral city hall confrontation
- Commission fails to override Miami-Dade mayor’s veto on workers’ pay by single vote
- For 32 years, she has kept up anti-nuclear vigil outside White House
VIDEO FROM OUR PARTNERS