WLRN Session Reports
Read more Political Currents stories from the Miami Herald
Gov. Rick Scott’s most ambitious proposal: a constitutional amendment to prevent property tax increases on homesteaded property if a home’s value stays level or goes down.
Aides to Sen. Marco Rubio and Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen travel to China on trip sponsored by Chinese government
The trips are a popular perk on Capitol Hill and come with luxury hotel stays and visits to top tourist sites, including the Great Wall. The cost can exceed $10,000 a person.
A public meeting among elected officials revealed differences over how to pay for a possible new civil courthouse, and whether voters should be asked to weigh in.
More Political Currents
- Gov. Rick Scott promises $1 billion in tax cuts for second term
- Aides to Sen. Marco Rubio and Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen travel to China on trip sponsored by Chinese government
- New Miami-Dade civil courthouse proposals faces critics
- Legal challenge takes aim at Florida’s school voucher program
- Florida website aimed at the uninsured draws little interest
- Democrats embrace Charlie Crist at rallies in Orlando, Fort Lauderdale
VIDEO FROM OUR PARTNERS