Read more Political Currents stories from the Miami Herald
Gov. Rick Scott said no state business was discussed when he and other Republican lawmakers went on a Texas hunting trip to paid, in part, by the sugar industry.
Gov. Rick Scott declined to participate in a planned Oct. 7 debate sponsored by the Tampa Bay Times, WTSP-Ch. 10 and the University of South Florida, which would have been the first of the season.
A governor’s race doesn’t seem to go by in Florida without Democrats ending up in a circular firing squad.
More Political Currents
- Once a U.S. Sugar foe, Gov. Rick Scott now accepts its contributions, hunting hospitality
- Gov. Rick Scott agrees to three debates
- Marc Caputo: Dade Democratic dysfunction emerges in governor’s race
- Why won't Florida GOP leaders talk about trips to King Ranch in Texas?
- Florida poll: More than 7 in 10 voters concerned about climate change, back EPA action plan
- Judge skeptical about changes to Florida congressional districts before election
VIDEO FROM OUR PARTNERS