Read more Political Currents stories from the Miami Herald
Gov. Rick Scott suggested his ad wasn’t really saying that Charlie Crist was an active participant in the fraud spawned by Scott Rothstein’s Ponzi scheme.
CAMPAIGN 2014 | Governor
The Miami Herald has identified the Republican used in an attack ad by Gov. Rick Scott against challenger Charlie Crist. The ad wrongly claims that Crist and Ponzi schemer Scott Rothstein had ‘swindled’ the mysterious Republican.
PolitiFact checked out Charlie Crist’s claim against Gov. Rick Scott on property insurance rates and found it mostly true.
More Political Currents
- Rick Scott tries to clarify attack ad on Charlie Crist
- Mystery man in Rick Scott attack ad unveiled, misleads about Charlie Crist and Ponzi scheme
- Climate scientists ask governor for ‘solutions summit’
- Iraq war veteran sues Gov. Rick Scott, state of Florida over loss of job
- Florida universities need $45 million to offset drop in Bright Futures scholarships
- How South Florida lawmakers voted: Syrian amendment
VIDEO FROM OUR PARTNERS