Read more Political Currents stories from the Miami Herald
Without President Barack Obama on the ticket, something weird happens to the Florida Democratic Party and its candidates in big mid-term elections: They lose swing races.
Gov. Rick Scott, long rumored to be writing a book, recently told reporters it won’t be available until at least November.
U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio is reporting for jury duty in Miami.
More Political Currents
- Republicans' CD13 win gives Florida Democrats a bad case of déjà vu
- Sen. Rubio reports for jury duty Wednesday in Miami
- Gov. Scott pens new book, but won’t talk about it
- Republican Jolly wins Fla. congressional race
- Coral Gables billionaire Mike Fernandez strongly backing Gov. Rick Scott
- Rick Scott ‘oversaw the largest Medicare fraud in the nation’s history,’ Florida Democratic Party says
VIDEO FROM OUR PARTNERS