SATURDAY, JAN. 16

Children crash a gate at a UN food giveaway in Cite Soleil, Haiti, Saturday. PATRICK FARRELL
Click here to view more photos shot on Saturday
The first wave of Haitian children arrived at Jackson Memorial Hospital's trauma center, with many more expected in the coming weeks.
Mobile The Dominican Institute of Communications says mobile phone service in Haiti was restored after it established a satellite uplink in Port-au-Prince.
The U.N. World Food Program plans to feed 28,000 people in in Port-au-Prince in a single day. The organization is also sending 20.5 metric tons of ready-to-eat meals from El Salvador.
Former presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, begin to oversee fundraising efforts on behalf of Haiti. In an address at the White House, the two men urged the American public to visit their new website: www.clintonbushhaitifund.org to donate and research relief agencies.
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton arrives in Port-au-Prince and meets with President René Préval and others on how best to help the recovery effort and Haitian government.
Top stories
Aid by air reaches pockets of Port-au-Prince as U.S. troops amass
After losing all else, Haitians are keeping the faith
Billions did little in past -- now a chance to get it right
Krome detention center readies for Haitian influx
Epicenter town of Carrefour sees little aid, little hope
Shattered and forgotten, the port city of Jacmel waits
Multimedia
Video | Haitians plea for help ![]()
Photos | Looting and chaos in Haiti ![]()
Photos | U.S. politicians push aid efforts ![]()
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ SUNDAY, JAN. 17

A woman prays at the National Cathedral in Port-au-Prince, Sunday. PATRICK FARRELL
Click here to view more photos shot on Sunday
Search-and-rescue teams pull three people from the rubble of the Caribbean Market, including a 7-year-old girl, a 35-year-old man, and a 15-year-old American citizen. International search-and-rescue teams report saving a total of 62 people.
Around noon: Shooting in a Petionville slum forces a convoy carrying enough food for 40,000 people to turn around at noon, as soon as it left the United Nations base near the Port-au-Prince airport. The U.N.'s World Food Program distributes the high-protein biscuits and other goods at Place Boyer, a Petionville park-turned-tent-city.
Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive confirmed the death toll so far at 70,000, though that figure included only bodies collected in Port-au-Prince and Leogane. 65,000 are just in the city of Port-au-Prince.
The U.S. State Department confirmed that 16 Americans died in the Haiti quake. An estimated 2,000 Americans have been evacuated.
U.N Secretary General Ban Ki-moon visits the collapsed agency headquarters in Port-au-Prince. Ban says the U.N. is feeding 40,000 people, and expects that figure to rise to 2 million within a month.
Top stories
No chance to give the dead a proper burial
U.S. citizens scramble onto evacuation flights
Window closing for survivors; relief efforts improving
Haitian family stays together amid fear, confusion
Multimedia
Photos | Haitians in Miami keep the faith ![]()
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________




















My Yahoo