FEMA's sequence of delivering aid
Read more Hurricanes stories from the Miami Herald
This was Miami Herald staff writer Arnold Markowtiz’s report from the morning of Aug. 24, 1992.
Weather | Tropical Storm Cristobal
Parts of the Bahamas remained under a tropical storm warning as Cristobal headed north at about 7 mph.
Because the storm has remained sloppy, predicting its track has been tricky.
- Hurricane Andrew hit South Florida 22 years ago: A look back at the storm as it happened
- Tropical Storm Cristobal likely to dodge U.S.
- Tropical depression forms, may threaten Florida
- Storm predicted to become tropical depression but miss U.S. coast
- Messy storm system near Hispaniola likely to become tropical storm
- Fewer hurricanes predicted in updated forecast
VIDEO FROM OUR PARTNERS