FEMA's sequence of delivering aid
Read more Hurricanes stories from the Miami Herald
After forming off the coast of Florida, the Atlantic season’s first hurricane is expected to roll over the Outer Banks by Thursday night.
As it moves north, Arthurs lingering tail may bring even more rain to South Florida, forecasters said.
Spread across 222 miles, the storm could send rain to Miami-Dade and Broward counties but is predicted to turn north before reaching South Florida.
- Arthur grows into a hurricane, headed toward Carolinas
- Arthur, likely to become seasons first hurricane, stays off Floridas coast
- First tropical storm forms off Florida
- Early end forecasted for ‘hurricane tax’
- Hurricane guide 2014: There’s an app for that
- Hurricane guide 2014: Shuttering out the storm
VIDEO FROM OUR PARTNERS