Wattage requirements for appliances
Read more Hurricanes stories from the Miami Herald
As communities along the central Gulf Coast stocked up on supplies and prepared for Tropical Storm Karen Friday night, the National Hurricane Center discontinued a hurricane watch.
Tropical Storm Karen weakened Friday but it is still heading toward the north Gulf Coast with strong winds and heavy rain.
South Florida will see more heat and rain on Tuesday.
- Tropical Storm Karen slows down but remains a threat to the Gulf Coast
- Tropical Storm Karen weakens but remains a threat to the Gulf Coast
- Weather alert: More heat and rain in store for South Florida; Dorian still a question mark
- Gay disaster victims the subject of new HRC awareness campaign for emergency workers
- Damage from Isaac floods estimated at $72 million in Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Isaac leaves 62,000 without power in South Florida
VIDEO FROM OUR PARTNERS