The block committees in the Havana neighborhood of Arroyo Naranjo are appealing to residents to help crack down on the theft of public telephones, which totaled 57 in the first 10 days of the month.
The Típico Viejo prison in the province of Las Tunas has been put under quarantine because of an epidemic of conjunctivitis, an eye infection, that affects 30 percent of the prison polulation, according to political prisoner Alfredo Domínguez.
Carriage driver Jorge Onelio Acosta says he was beaten by police and called a homosexual when his horse came in contact with a young boy last week.
Police agents arrested independent journalist Lisandro Herrera Arteta at a public festival and charged him with creating a public scandal.
Joel Lázaro Carbonell, president of the dissident Free Cubans organization, said from his prison cell that he was given a one-year sentence at a trial that ignored his rights.
Ernesto Rafael Mena, an ex-political prisoner and president of opposition Democratic Youth organization, says several State Security agents spotted him on the street last week and got out of their patrol car and beat him up.
Independent journalist Yosvani Anzardo Hernández, director of the Candonga agency, has been freed after two weeks' confinement in the Pedernales prison in Holguín province.
A block committee member told police he was knifed by dissidents when he tried to stop them from putting up anti-government posters in the Arroyo Naranjo district of Havana.
Dissident Yoel Marín, who had been free on parole, was reimprisoned on charges he was promoting the overthrow of the government.
A municipal court has sentenced dissident Arnaldo Herrera to one year in prison on charges he was responsible for anti-government signs put up near his home.
- Iraq war veteran sues Gov. Rick Scott, state of Florida over loss of job
- Sen. Marco Rubio: ‘America cannot avoid its role as a global leader’
- Feds say ‘nurseries’ could save Government Cut coral
- Miami-Dade budget faces final vote
- Miami Beach shows off new anti-flooding pumps
- President Barack Obama rules out ground troops vs. Islamic State group: ‘We’re not going to do this alone’
- Contractor gets 7 years in military secrets case
- Dog missing from Pennsylvania found in Oregon
- Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill tries to target problem of inaccuracy
- Rafa Martinez leads Columbus boys’ golf team to Youth Fair win
- FIU Panthers freshman duo find rhythm on offense
- FSU star QB Jameis Winston suspended for first half vs. Clemson for yelling obscenities on campus
- Miami Heat adds Keith Smart, Chris Quinn as assistant coaches
- Miami Dolphins still committed to running the football
- Miami Hurricanes show no fear of going to Nebraska
- Outdoors feature: St. Lucie County artificial reef dazzles divers
- Fed signals firm end to bond buying
- Atlantic Broadband offers 1 Gigabit service
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport’s new $719 million, 8,000-foot runway is ready for take off
- Fort Lauderdale home health firm settles federal whistleblower case.
- Citrix purchases South Florida startup
- Books & Books coming to Arsht Center campus in downtown Miami
- Brickell Motors buys Ocean Cadillac
- In the social media age, private actions are company business
- Color is the new black: Spring/summer fashion trend report
- Jewish Museum of Florida’s recipe contest celebrates foods of the High Holy Days
- Make a Carrabba’s fan-favorite chicken dish at home
- Get to know freekeh, a ‘new’ ancient grain
- Florida: 4th annual Monarch Festival set for Sept. 27-28 in Earleton
- Fit Tip: Should I use ice or heat?
- Study: Sunscreen may harm the sea life
- FDA warns about not using Expression as a filler
- Miami’s Cannonball launches effort to improve discourse over art and artists
- At Fort Lauderdale‘s Empire Stage, shorts from Pigs Do Fly fail to take off
- Celebrity birthdays on Sept 12
- Cuba’s Danzabierta performs a glittery psychological portrait with “Showroom” in Miami
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Ode to puzzles on target
- Gameday Grub: Guide to new food and returning fan favorites at Sun Life Stadium
- Start your diets, save your dimes: South Beach Wine and Food Festival unveils 2015 lineup
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Bob Crewe, 'Walk Like a Man' writer, dead at 83
- Israeli ex-Mossad chief Yitzhak Hofi dead at 87
- Pulitzer-winning cartoonist Tony Auth dies at 72
- Spanish department store head Alvarez dies at 79
- Japan's World War II film idol Rikoran dies at 94
- Jazz-funk pioneer Joe Sample dies at 75
- WS star Frank Torre, Joe's brother, dies at 82
- Miami artist, clothes designer Joyce Lux dies at 94