Since the beginning of the New Year, police in Santa Clara have been pursuing private sellers of bread, which is considered a crime.
Independent librarian Ileana Margarita Pérez says she was detained by police on Three Kings Day and questioned during an eight-hour period.
Gladys Escandell Martínez says she was threatened by police after she called three radio stations last week and sent on-air greetings to two jailed fellow dissidents.
Alfredo Guillaume, an 80-year-old dissident, says he was beaten by a member of the government’s rapid response brigade last weekend during an attack on Reinaldo Escobar, husband of blogger Yoani Sánchez, at a university book fair in Havana’s Vedado district.
Police are searching for the person or persons who left needles supposedly infected with the HIV virus in telephone booths
Independent journalist Aini Martín says she was detained last week as she took photos of a policeman seizing merchandise from an elderly street vendor.
Former political prisoner Vladimir Alejo Miranda has painted the front of his house black, which, he says, is a sign of mourning for Cuba.
Human rights advocate Edey Sánchez says he was arrested by national police agents following a five-hour search of his home that turned up an oven, a mixer and trays for making candy.
José Antonio Vázquez, a graduate of the Hotel and Tourism School, says he’s been unemployed as a chef for two months because of his opposition to the government and the fact he wears a “Change” bracelet.
Members of the National Police Force arrested five blind street vendors in the capital last week.
- Gov. Rick Scott says Medicare rate cuts will affect seniors’ ability to keep their doctor, hospital and prevention services
- Honor Flight for veterans cancelled in Lakeland
- Scores arrested at Massachusetts 'Blarney Blowout'
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- WikiLeaks' Assange talks NSA, hints at more leaks
- 4 passengers' IDs being checked on missing jet
- Tee time part of Obama's Florida family vacation
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Miami Hurricanes pay tribute to JoJo Nicolas
- Michelle Kaufman: MLS proves naysayers wrong as it begins its 19th season
- Manoah keeps Bucs perfect start going
- Singing praises for Florida Panthers Vincent Trocheck
- Rushing, Thornton shine at Hallandale Invitational
- Strong winds bring end to event
- Florida Gators defeat Kentucky, finish SEC schedule undefeated
- Sources: Miami Dolphins to go after Branden Albert, Rodger Saffold in free agency
- 11 signs your small business social media strategy isn’t working
- Crowd-finance bills filed in Florida House, Senate
- Grove Isle condo owners upset about plans for fourth tower
- Karl Lagerfeld to design Macau hotel
- Bitcoin too volatile an investment without consumer protections
- 'Tsunami' of store closings predicted for U.S. retailers
- Renovation complete at Courtyard Cadillac in Miami Beach
- Get the perfect panoramic with Motrr Galileo
- It’s OK to change HOA policies
- Mango tree may be getting too much water
- Southern Cross Stargazer for March 9-15, 2014
- Caves, comfort food in Hocking Hills
- When airline cancels route, what happens to credits?
- Florida: Kennedy Space Center welcomes Brevard Symphony for Space Shuttle Atlantis concert March 22
- Walter Kirn reveals the true, bizarre story of a world-class scammer — and his own gullibility
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- John Cyril Malloy, patent and intellectual lawyer, dies at 83
- Producer of early Grammy, NFL telecasts dead at 93
- Former TV academy president Hank Rieger dies
- Wife of longtime Yankee Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Peter Lickman, longtime Northeast Miami-Dade pastor and lover of animals, dies at 70
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92