Chivas USA is hoping to break out of its extended scoring funk on Sunday when the club welcomes California Clasico rival Los Angeles Galaxy to the StubHub Center.
New England (9-12-3) at Toronto FC (9-8-6), 5 p.m.
A pair of Western Conference rivals will lock horns on Saturday as Seattle Sounders FC welcomes the Colorado Rapids to CenturyLink Field.
Portland Timbers defender Norberto Paparatto has been suspended for a game after elbowing Seattle's Chad Marshall in the back of the head during Sunday's game.
Landon Donovan scored a goal and assisted on two others as the Los Angeles Galaxy claimed a 4-1 win over D.C. United at the StubHub Center on Wednesday.
Houston (7-13-4) at Kansas City (12-7-6), 8 p.m.
Alan Gordon scored in the second minute, Landon Donovan added another, and the Los Angeles Galaxy beat D.C. United 4-1 on Wednesday night.
New York Red Bulls midfielder Bobby Convey is going to be out 3 to 5 weeks after having surgery for a deviated septum.
Los Angeles beat D.C. United 4-1 on Wednesday for its third straight win, moving within three points of the lead in Major League Soccer's Western Conference.
Officials in Seminole County have approved an agreement that will give Orlando's incoming Major League Soccer franchise use of the county's existing training facility.
Two clubs coming off of back-to-back wins are set to square off at the StubHub Center on Wednesday as the Los Angeles Galaxy will host D.C. United.
Seattle Sounders forward Obafemi Martins was named the Player of the Week on Monday for Week 24 of the 2014 Major League Soccer season.
Obafemi Martins had two goals and assisted on a score for Clint Dempsey, and the Seattle Sounders beat the Portland Timbers 4-2 in a Cascadia Cup rivalry match on Sunday.
First-half goals from Landon Donovan and Marcelo Sarvas propelled the Los Angeles Galaxy to a 2-0 win over Vancouver Whitecaps FC at the StubHub Center on Saturday.
Obafemi Martins scored on either side of the intermission and added an assist on Sunday as Seattle Sounders FC eased past the Portland Timbers, 4-2, in the latest edition of the Cascadia Cup at Providence Park.
Nigerian forward Obafemi Martins scored two goals and set up another for Clint Dempsey as the Seattle Sounders beat the Portland Timbers 4-2 in Major League Soccer on Sunday.
Landon Donovan and Marcelo Sarvas scored to give the Los Angeles Galaxy a 2-0 victory over the Vancouver Whitecaps on Saturday night.
Sebastien Le Toux netted a first-half goal and added two assists on Sunday as the Philadelphia Union earned a 4-2 victory over the San Jose Earthquakes at PPL Park.
Thierry Henry and Bradley Wright-Phillips each scored twice in the second half goals to lead the New York Red Bulls to a 4-2 win over the Montreal Impact in Major League Soccer on Saturday.
Sheanon Williams scored the go-ahead goal in the 72nd minute to help the Philadelphia Union beat the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 on Sunday night.
- NATO may create quick-strike force over Ukraine crisis
- Infamous speed trap town investigated over tickets
- Tropical Storm Dolly forms off Mexico's coast
- Clashes between Islamists, rivals in Libya kill 31
- Police searching for home-invasion gunmen
- US helicopter crashes in Gulf of Aden; all rescued
- Miami Heat reassigns longtime assistants McAdoo, Rothstein
- US military targets extremists in Somalia
- Florida States Jesus 'Bobo' Wilson back in lineup
- Award for FIU cornerback Richard Leonard
- Miami Hurricanes relive a nightmare in season opener against Louisville Cardinals
- Miami Dolphins’ Bill Lazor keeps offense strategy a secret
- Andre C. Fernandez: American Heritage looks for bounce-back win
- Game date for Florida-Idaho up in air
- Seven true freshmen see action for Miami Hurricanes in season opener
- Andre C. Fernandez: Booker T. Washington has edge against Central
- WorldCity: Red ink abounds among South Florida exports
- A new operator readies Rio de Janeiros airport for 2016 Olympics
- CEOs split on the question of gambling
- For love and money: Some South Florida professionals find two jobs better than one
- Miami Herald Small Business Makeover: YaYa Wines toasts its new strategy
- Miami-Dade home and condo median prices hit six-year high
- Brookings study: Miami attracts big share of foreign students, but not in STEM fields
- Entrepreneurship events a show of force of angels, startups
- Marvelous malbec deserves to be discovered
- Carolyn Hax: My sister the control freak is coming for a visit
- Roxane Gay offers a biting perspective on pop culture in ‘Bad Feminist’
- Fundraiser supports Read to a Child
- Steve Almond considers football, our unkickable addiction
- Desert Inn to get a Wild West revival?
- The events of 9/11 and its aftermath shape the lives of a Washington couple in ‘Before, During, After’
- Dear Abby: After a loved one's passing, grief can outlast the support
- Thomas Wyroba, 64, beloved teacher at Miami’s New World of the Arts
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- Glimpse into tony world of antiques
- A South Florida acting couple lands the perfect roles: husband and wife
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Aug. 31
- A strong debut despite its shortcomings
- Coral Reef grad Ricky Ubeda vaults to the top of TVs So You Think You Can Dance
- Hometown restaurant groups Las Vegas Cuban, TooJays Deli are South Florida mainstays
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Retired Associated Press newsman dies in NY at 76
- Ex-Romanian foreign minister under communism dies
- Spanish fashion designer Pertegaz dies at 96
- Former Jethro Tull bass player Glenn Cornick dies
- Kurt Meyer, LA architect who was committed to civic service, dies at 92
- Ex-US sailor who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- Real estate executive and Jewish leader Kenneth Schwartz dies at 88
- Former Miami Dade College art teacher, artist Bob Huff dies at 69