Miami-Dade County Commission
The race for the South Dade district pitted Democrats against an incumbent GOP commissioner in a rare partisan battle for a county seat.
In the Democratic primary, there was never any doubt Charlie Crist was going to beat former state senator Nan Rich. The next campaign against Gov. Rick Scott will be a tight race.
MIAMI BALLOT QUESTIONS
Miami voters on Tuesday overwhelmingly endorsed SkyRise Miami, a swooping observation tower and tourist attraction proposed on a spit of land behind Bayside Marketplace.
Florida Primary Election
Scant doubt about the victors at the top of the ballot contributed to low turnout across South Florida in Tuesdays primary election.
Four Broward School Board incumbents appeared likely to hold onto their seats on Tuesday including Ann Murray, who faced questions during the campaign over her past use of a racial slur.
A Broward County grand jury has charged four women one of them a child welfare caseworker with ignoring the suffering of a severely disabled Lauderhill pre-teen who withered away and died while under the protection of the state.
- After fatal shooting of panhandler in wheelchair, driver leads police on I-95 chase
- Levine Cava declares victory in unseating Lynda Bell for Miami-Dade commission seat
- Brady Quinn among 8 players released by Miami Dolphins
- Miami Dolphins DL Earl Mitchell already proving he’s a free agent gem
- Voters give SkyRise Miami liftoff
Speak Up | Public Insight Network
Share your insights on topics we're exploring: