Jackson Health System offers free and reduced-cost treatment for those who qualify, but advocacy groups complain the public hospital network fails to meet the legal requirements for charity care.
Though Tamiyah Audain was formally under the protection of the state, few knew of her condition until police removed her wound-filled body from a Lauderhill home.
Organizers of the popular county youth fair say asking voters if FIU should expand onto a public park is premature, given that there is no alternative for the fairgrounds.
Charlie Crist trounced underfunded rival Nan Rich, but Democrats in the states three largest counties of Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach largely stayed home.
A culture of secrecy in the governors office shrouded a plan to raise funds for Rick Scotts legacy project to improve the Mansion grounds.
Crisis in Syria & Iraq
Shirley Sotloff asked her sons captors to have mercy on a man sympathetic to Muslims plight.
- Ex-Canes star Lamar Thomas to coach against alma mater when Louisville faces UM
- Miami Heat signs veteran shooting guard Shannon Brown
- Daniel Thomas battling to keep job with Miami Dolphins
- Pembroke Pines police bust Miami Fire Lt. in online sex sting
- Miami Dolphins DL Earl Mitchell already proving he’s a free agent gem
Speak Up | Public Insight Network
Share your insights on topics we're exploring: