Miami-Dade commissioners swallowed hard medicine Tuesday, approving an agreement with the federal and state governments to settle violations of environmental laws and committing $1.6 billion over the next 15 years to fix the countys antiquated water and sewer pipes.
The state medical examiner's office has revised the death toll from a tornado in an Oklahoma City suburb to 24 people, including seven children.
Jackson Health System
Stephen Nuell, a member of the board that runs Jackson Health System, resigned Tuesday following a months-long ethics investigation into allegations by Jackson employees that Nuell was abusive to them as he tried to negotiate settlements for unpaid bills owed by his law firms clients.
In Florida City, Jason Leon captured the longest Burmese python recorded in Florida.
The family of a 22-year-old Boynton Beach man who was shot 16 times by police during Memorial Day weekend two years ago has filed a civil rights/negligence suit against the Miami Beach and Hialeah police departments.
Sun Life Stadium
South Florida pins its hopes for landing Super Bowl 50 on promising the biggest party the region has ever seen.
- Caroline Kennedy's jury acquits NYC drug dealer
- Palmetto Bay man wrestles, kills 128-pound python in Florida City
- Miami Heat supporting cast is a benchmark
- Miami Dolphins safety Reshad Jones misses workout as he seeks new contract
- Weather alert: Severe storms expected to roll into South Florida again