Wildlife officers are back on the water Thursday as they try to lead a pod of pilot whales out of shallow waters in Everglades National Park.
The 12th edition of Art Basel in Miami Beach opened Wednesday to VIPs, bringing an early throng of big-ticket collectors and delivering healthy sales.
A federal grand jury in Miami has filed no charges after looking into U.S. Sen Bob Menendezs dealings with a West Palm Beach doctor and political donor, but its investigation of alleged influence-peddling continues.
IN THE CAMPS
The latest transfer, the first since two other men went to Algeria in August without controversy, left the detention center population at 162.
The U.S. attorneys office in Miami on Wednesday charged three people with conspiring to smuggle, kidnap and extort 25-year-old outfielder Leonys Martin Tapanes.
Tallahassees political establishment has repeatedly blocked legislative votes on medical marijuana and will ask the Florida Supreme Court Thursday to follow suit and keep the issue away from state voters in 2014.
- BSO: Weston man kills wife and son with crossbow, then slits his own throat
- Feds charge trio with kidnapping, extorting Cuban ballplayer with Texas Rangers
- Amusement-parks giant in talks to buy Miami Seaquarium
- 41 whales remain stranded at Everglades National Park as rescuers hold little hope they will survive
- Olivier Vernon stealing spotlight from Cam Wake as Miami Dolphins sack master
Speak Up | Public Insight Network
Share your insights on topics we're exploring: