The Venezuelan government is moving more than 4,400 squatters out of Torre David the countrys third-tallest (and never finished) skyscraper.
The iconic resort between the Intracoastal Waterway and the beach has been purchased by a group of Miami investors who intend to update the hotel and add restaurants and shops.
Key Westers Aaron Huntsman and William Lee Jones, who won a gay-marriage case in Monroe circuit court, asked a Florida appeals court to let them marry immediately. The court said no.
A proposal to hike storm water fees in Miami Beach by 84 percent has passed a preliminary vote. The increase is necessary to pay for infrastructure projects that combat sea level rise, city officials say.
Authorities say founder of group to help Haitian-American women pocketed nearly $300,000 but did few cancer screenings.
The United States and 11 Pacific Rim countries, which represent 40 percent of the worlds economy, are currently negotiating the trade and investment liberalization pact. But its prospects are unclear.
- Florida’s Third District Court of Appeal says Key West bartenders can’t marry yet
- Ex-Sweetwater detective Garcia hit with nine-year sentence for credit card fraud
- State: Haitian American cancer awareness group founder bilked taxpayers
- Bahia Mar sold, may be upgraded with more dining and shopping
- Carolyn Hax: In-laws say the meanest things
Speak Up | Public Insight Network
Share your insights on topics we're exploring: