Fueled by lofty oil prices, more efficient drilling techniques and the promise of untapped but also largely unproven reservoirs, at least a half-dozen companies plan to expand exploration across Southwest Florida.
Jackson Health System has enough money to pay its bills, administrators said this week in declaring Miami-Dades safety net hospitals financially solvent for the first time in five years.
HIALEAH SHADOW BANKING
Ex-Hialeah Mayor Julio Robaina and his wife have to surrender their passports and limit travel while awaiting trial on tax-evasion charges.
A new major benefactor has emerged for the future Pérez Art Museum Miami: an anonymous donor who has given $12 million in cash and more than $3 million in art.
Declaring it was necessary to protect the safety of the community and the integrity of the [court] system, a judge ordered a western Miami-Dade woman to remain in jail, at least for now, while she awaits trial on charges she killed her infant son by leaving him to bake in a hot car.
Ivanna Villanueva, 21, killed Eyder Ayala, a grandmother driving home after a night shift at McDonalds in October 2011.
- Dwyane Wade surprises local Miami teen at prom
- Miami Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland excited about roster: We got players we wanted
- Former UM student to serve three years prison for DUI death
- Ray Allens help paying dividends for LeBron James, Miami Heat
- University of Miami Hospital sends team to Panama to save NCIS agent’s life