The 2010 death of an inmate in a prison in the Panhandle is being investigated once again amid questions about the original investigation.
The former federal immigration headquarters on Biscayne Boulevard is about to get a renovation and become a new hotel as part of a plan to transform the area around it.
Opponents have made many arguments against Florida's proposed medical marijuana amendment, but here's a new one: They say patients would be able to get an unlimited amount of pot should the measure pass.
Three foreigners were sentenced to prison for cocaine trafficking after a U.S. Navy warship intercepted their small fishing boat in January.
More non-violent defendants could opt for electronic monitoring instead of bond and save the county $1 million-plus a year.
U.S. District Judge Cecilia Altonaga has agreed to a new delay in the Miami federal court trial against a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agent accused of extortion.
- Daughter: Joan Rivers is in 'serious condition
- Florida Gators’ first game canceled after severe weather
- Miami Dolphins cut Daniel Thomas, expect Mike Pouncey back soon
- Miami Herald won’t cover FIU football opener after credential for beat reporter is denied
- Idaho-Florida game postponed after lightning, rain
Speak Up | Public Insight Network
Share your insights on topics we're exploring: