After 10 years as mayor of Sweetwater, Manuel Manny Maroño had accumulated $316,000 in pension benefits, through a generous retirement package, although he has not contributed one cent.
MIAMI GARDENS POLICE
Miami Gardens police chief Matthew Boyd steps down amid allegations that officers committed systemic civil rights violations.
part 3 of 3
The untold chapter in Gov. Rick Scott's jobs story: the thousands of lost jobs in every sector and region of the state.
- Read part 1 of the series
- Read part 2 of the series
- Interactive map: Florida's lost jobs
- Governors chief of staff admits he lied on resume in previous job
- Hiaasen: Scotts continuing crusade to shrink the vote
- Gov. Scott checks out PortMiami dredging
- Marc Caputo: Hollingsworth’s lie about PR degree bad spin for Gov. Rick Scott
he rules, given an initial nod by a group of Miami-Dade County commissioners, would for the first time outline building standards for the seaport, allowing commercial, office and residential construction along the northern shore and on the southwestern corner of Dodge Island in downtown Miami.
A second suspect was identified as new details emerge about a North Miami-Dade police-involved shooting.
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and a host of Miami Heat players have joined the push to help South Pointe Elementary School win a competition to land a $200,000 grant to improve security on campus
- Miami Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill braces for another elite QB in Tom Brady
- Roy Hibberts continued dominance of Miami Heat puts spotlight back on Greg Oden
- Renowned Miami lawyer Richard Sharpstein found dead in his Miami Beach condo
- Miami Gardens police chief resigns amid scandal
- Source: Suspects killed in Miami shootout with police were unarmed
Speak Up | Public Insight Network
Share your insights on topics we're exploring: