A father has run out of money and plans to sell a sober house he opened in honor of his brain-damaged daughter he shot in the hospital.
IN THE CAMPS
A Miami Herald request to obtain and view recordings of guards searching Guantánamo captives holy books last year was denied by the U.S. military.
AFFORDABLE CARE ACT
For the first time, members of the Florida Medical Association have approved a resolution endorsing Medicaid expansion, a politically contentious issue that the group's leaders have generally avoided over the last two legislative sessions.
Swastikas and the word Hamas were spray-painted on pillars in front of a Northeast Miami-Dade synagogue early Monday morning, leaving the surrounding community on edge especially after the same symbols appeared on two cars in Miami Beach Saturday.
A clear majority of Floridians, 55 percent, favor outright legalization of marijuana for personal recreational use, according to a new poll indicating a medical cannabis initiative headed for the November ballot still looks as if it will easily pass.
According to the attorneys, 'a decision from the Supreme Court would also provide uniform direction and guidance to government, public and private entities throughout the state'.
- Miami Dolphins running back Lamar Miller hopes to thrive in Bill Lazors new offense
- American Airlines next stop: Cap-Haïtien, Haiti
- From daughter’s killer to sober house operator, a strip-club owner’s son faces another loss
- Walmart in rare forest draws focus to Zoo Miami amusement park
- LeBron deep-sixes number; will be No. 23 with Cavs
Speak Up | Public Insight Network
Share your insights on topics we're exploring: