Miami-Dade commissioners face a final vote Thursday on the county mayors $6.2 billion budget, a spending plan that mostly avoids deep cuts but pushes some big expenses into later years.
Gov. Rick Scott slightly backed away Wednesday from one of his most-widely run attack ads that links Democrat Charlie Crist to a convicted Ponzi-schemers crime.
Workers have begun installing pumps aimed at ending flooding of low-lying streets.
Miami Herald Special Investigation
Across the country, roughly 10 million construction workers work as independent contractors, a tactic that costs taxpayers billions of dollars each year. Yet when it comes to public projects, government regulators have done nearly nothing about it.
- Labor Department announces grants to fight tax cheats
- Congress, state leaders pledge to tackle labor tax-law dodge
- The wire shouldn't have been "hot"
- For Florida companies that play by rules, success is tough as nails
- A made-in-Florida construction industry rip-off
- VIDEO: Tax cheats cost you billions
- The wire shouldnt have been hot.
Florida East Coast Railway police officers have arrested hundreds for trespassing with few convictions.
The Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is planning to open its south runway Thursday, the first part of a $2 billion expansion to alleviate crowds and flight delays at the budget-friendly travel hub.
Speak Up | Public Insight Network
Share your insights on topics we're exploring: